Fix for those who experience problems with loging in (especially with IE)

Hello.

After few days of brainstorm and frustration we have finally find out what was causing our shop at prestashop engine making problems with loging in. 90% of thos eproblems are related with our beloved internet explorer which is blocking presta shop's cookies.

Im finally happy and would like to share the fix recipe with you so you wont have to spend hours on searching for it.

The fix is pretty simple. You have to put the p3p code at the begining of the .php sites. There are many generators and tags, each is "telling" ie what your site is doing and what is not. But since our deadline for design and seting up shot ended few days ago we had no time to determinate which tag tells what (from legal point of view), we were only determinated to make this babe rolling and we putted this code:

<?php
header('P3P: CP="IDC DSP COR CURa ADMa OUR IND PHY ONL COM STA"');

I hope it will help you as it helped us :)

regards
Muniek

well we have implemented it into index.php, authentication.php and my-account.php and it fixed login problems... but now we cant get rid of IE's blocking of order.php cookies :S

Even implementing this code doesnt change it. Oo Do you have any known issue with this?

edit:

Anyway i have been searching for the solvation and found this:

How Can I Prevent IE6 from Blocking My Cookies?

To prevent IE6 from blocking cookies on your site, you need to make sure that all of the cookies that are being set in a third-party context have P3P compact policies associated with them, and that those compact policies are considered satisfactory by IE6. If the third-party cookies are being set by another company, you may need to ask them to P3P-enable and set P3P compact policies. Any host that sets a P3P compact policy must also have a corresponding full P3P policy. Users can change their IE6 settings so that cookies will be blocked under other conditions as well; however, placing satisfactory compact policies on third-party cookies will prevent most IE6 cookie blocking.

The question is how do i make sure that prestashop's cookies have p3p compact pocilies? Oo

edit:
ok fixed. Just added this code to every single .php file :) and now order.php is not blocked anymore :)

• 1 year later...
well we have implemented it into index.php, authentication.php and my-account.php and it fixed login problems... but now we cant get rid of IE's blocking of order.php cookies :S

Even implementing this code doesnt change it. Oo Do you have any known issue with this?

edit:

Anyway i have been searching for the solvation and found this:

How Can I Prevent IE6 from Blocking My Cookies?

To prevent IE6 from blocking cookies on your site, you need to make sure that all of the cookies that are being set in a third-party context have P3P compact policies associated with them, and that those compact policies are considered satisfactory by IE6. If the third-party cookies are being set by another company, you may need to ask them to P3P-enable and set P3P compact policies. Any host that sets a P3P compact policy must also have a corresponding full P3P policy. Users can change their IE6 settings so that cookies will be blocked under other conditions as well; however, placing satisfactory compact policies on third-party cookies will prevent most IE6 cookie blocking.

The question is how do i make sure that prestashop's cookies have p3p compact pocilies? Oo

edit:
ok fixed. Just added this code to every single .php file :) and now order.php is not blocked anymore :)

THANKS!!!!! This works like a charm. I was almost desperate!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have added the extra code the php files suggested but I am still having customers losing items added to their carts.
Do you have to add the extra code to all the php files

Is that all of the over 1,000 files?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have added the extra code the php files suggested but I am still having customers losing items added to their carts.
Do you have to add the extra code to all the php files

Is that all of the over 1,000 files?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

I have put the code in all the php files in the root of my shop. That works OK for me and my customers. Maybe you forgot one or more files?

Hi mhu100,

Thanks, but I have added the code the all the files in the root of my store (checked and re-checked).
And still having the same problem, but it does only seem to be some customers some of the time

I have tried this on 1v2v0v8, 1v2v5v0 and the new 1v3v0v7 and i get the same problem on both versions,
I have re-installed my store so many times over the last couple of weeks i've lost couple.

The strange thing is, I've only had this problem for a couple of weeks,
The same store working for a few months, no updated or anything were done and then all of a sudden nothing stays in the cart.

Any ideas, as I am now getting to the stage of changing from Prestashop which I really don't want to do as over a year up until now it's been really good with no problems.

Please can anyone help,

Hi mhu100,

Thanks, but I have added the code the all the files in the root of my store (checked and re-checked).
And still having the same problem, but it does only seem to be some customers some of the time

I have tried this on 1v2v0v8, 1v2v5v0 and the new 1v3v0v7 and i get the same problem on both versions,
I have re-installed my store so many times over the last couple of weeks i've lost couple.

The strange thing is, I've only had this problem for a couple of weeks,
The same store working for a few months, no updated or anything were done and then all of a sudden nothing stays in the cart.

Any ideas, as I am now getting to the stage of changing from Prestashop which I really don't want to do as over a year up until now it's been really good with no problems.

Please can anyone help,

I have no answer at this time. Sorry. When I do I let you know.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...