Copy produc info from one language id to another with SQL statement.

Smiles

In an earlier forum post (archive) I found this SQL:

INSERT INTO `ps_product_lang` SELECT `id_product`, 2015, `description`, `description_short`, `link_rewrite`, `meta_description`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_title`, `name`, `available_now`, `available_later` FROM `ps_product_lang` WHERE `id_lang` = 6;

I wanted to run this in my 1.6 installation but did get some errors.

/* SQL Error (1136): Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 */
/* Affected rows: 0  Found rows: 0  Warnings: 0  Duration for 0 of 1 query: 0.000 sec. */

Anyway, I would like to change it a bit and get it running on 1.6. I would like to add:

Products ID form to .... For example 2015 to 2020 (and 5 products will be updated)

Language to copy from  For example from Language ID 5 to Language ID 6

I am also running multistore in case this affects the query.  Someone any Idea how to achieve this?

You can see that your sql editor is responding with an understandable error message which says that the columns of the insert statement does not match with the selection.

Is the 2015 an id lang or an id_shop value for ? This 2 columns are the ones missing on your statement based on the table standards... 

Try to write so all the columns which match the select statement .  

INSERT INTO `ps_product_lang`  

(id_product, id_lang, description, description_short, link_rewrite, meta_description, meta_keywords, meta_title, name, available_now 

, available_later)

SELECT `id_product`, 2015, `description`, `description_short`, `link_rewrite`, `meta_description`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_title`, `name`, `available_now`, `available_later` FROM `ps_product_lang` WHERE `id_lang` = 6;