Transfering existing theme from old Prestashop site

Hi!

One site I look after is having a new site for the company's sister company.

I have done a prestashop clean install on a completely seperate domain, however I would like to simply transfer the theme over.

The theme is simply a folder and then all of the necessary files inside.

However, when I FTP the theme folder, which I have downloaded from the existing site, which I have zipped up, it does not work. I get told it is a bad configuration file...

This cannot be any kind of compatabillity issue, since both sites are using Prestashop 1.61.18...

Even when I upload the zipped up theme with the option to uplad a new theme from your computer it still does not work!!!

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Many thanks!

I have evidently been somewhat of a dunce at trying to do this... I have done some more research and I tried out exporting the theme from the original site, and that was not working for a time, just giving me a white screen, but upon trying it out again about 2 hours later worked... :huh:

ANYWAY - I followed the steps of uploading it to the site through the option of add new theme, import from your computer etc...

and now I am getting server error500...

So I think 'OK - no problem I'll just send it back to the original theme...'

Select a theme, use this theme, default-bootstrap, select all modules etc, finish...

Didn't work...

That theme is now not even properly being recognised by my back office. Look!

image.thumb.png.8c3d98dc19f36e3d21c4cca952dab4d3.png

Any help on what i s going on with all of this trouble JUST TO CHANGE A THEME would be much appreciated

Thanks!

image.png