New Install .. Can't login to admin..admin folder renames itself

Hello all. I just made a new install of prestashop 1.7.3.1 

My php version is 7

I am hosting on arvixe shared hosting 

First time after installing, the frontend login page and admin login page could not display login form ,  Based on previous issues reported on same case here, I modified the config/config.inc.php and set the debug to "true" . Then the login form started showing 

Now the login works fine on the front end but I can't login to my admin panel 

I found out my admin folder is automatically renamed each time I try to login 

Example, in my first image I have renamed the folder to admin and the URL displayed the login form correctly

But when I try to login with my credentials to mywebsite/admin/  I am automatically redirected to a new admin URL like http://mywebsite/admin310cxj3bk/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=d6f4a1b93279da89db550b9b948c83f9&redirect=AdminDashboard

On checking my file manager , I found out the admin folder has been renamed as indicated in the link above . 

When I rename this back to admin/ and try to login again , the process is repeated and my admin folder gets another new name 

I have asked my hosting provider and they said the server is working fine , I should check the script

I am confused because this is my first experience with prestashop. Can someone pls explain what is wrong ? Really love the prospects of prestashop script but if this persists, don't know how I can proceed with this. I really need help on this .Thanks

Screenshot_2018-04-22-20-01-46.png

Screenshot_2018-04-22-20-07-10.png

Part of the prestashop install process is to rename the admin folder.  If you leave it as admin, then it is easy to guess. 

So allow it to be renamed, or just rename it to something you want other than admin.  Then access the back office using that folder name

Thank you very much for responding . I have seen that it is part of the script to rename admin folder . but the issue is that I can't login to the new admin with my credentials. It just returns the login page without an error message .  Any ideas on how to get into the admin panel ? Pls help

in your original post you said you keep renaming it back to admin.  You cannot rename it back to admin, you need to rename it to something other than admin.

now if you stopped renaming it and cannot log into the back office, then there is very little I can do to help.  perhaps you are not using the right username/password.  Did you try the forgot password link on the log on page?

• 7 months later...

It's changed at initContent() function from AdminLoginControllerCore class:

if (basename(_PS_ADMIN_DIR_) == 'admin' && file_exists(_PS_ADMIN_DIR_.'/../admin/')) {
    $rand = 'admin'.sprintf('%03d', rand(0, 999)).Tools::strtolower(Tools::passwdGen(6)).'/';
    if (@rename(_PS_ADMIN_DIR_.'/../admin/', _PS_ADMIN_DIR_.'/../'.$rand)) {
        Tools::redirectAdmin('../'.$rand);
    } else {
        $this->context->smarty->assign(array(
            'wrong_folder_name' => true
        ));
    }
} else {
    $rand = basename(_PS_ADMIN_DIR_).'/';
}