German translation

Hy Peoplez i love this shop, its like wordpress for E-Business i will do for my own shopproject the next weeks a translation for the "german speaking people" can anyone give me an Advice to share it with you.

ah and further - is there nearly a date where an affiliate System can be integrated like "tradedoubler" or so on

Hello Peter,

I found this eCommerce solution today and I love this shop. I wanna use it on my next Project too.

Now I am testing to export a translation, but I am getting the following error, what is wrong here.

Not Found

The requested URL /prestashop//home/www/web1/web/prestashop/translations//export/en.gzip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The archive will be created under /translations/export/ but it is broken.

I can see that there are more than one Backslashes in the path, maybe theres the error?

Hey there,

Just wanted to say that I finished the german translation on last thursday & sent it to [email protected] ...

A certain request for future releases, from my position, would be to build a central table (glossary) for keywords and sentences. Believe me, it´s really annoying to translate certain words ("Home", "Settings updated" etc. aaahhhh!) again and again...

bye,

-martin-

Yeah, did work well. I had to learn first (like others) that prestahop is still strongly bound to the french language within the database. So my advice is to install the french package and deactivate it later on if you don´t need it.

I recently noticed, that I still have to translate the template messages in the /mails-folder. So stick around here, when I´m finished it in a couple of days.

I also fixed a few phrases as they are used in a different kind of meaning in the shop as I thought when I did the translation (e.g. "My Adress" -> name of the address as it is displayed later on...)

Guten tag,

As we prepare the next release of PrestaShop, we are trying to integrate as many translations as possible into the default solution.

If someone has a German translation ready to share, please post it as soon as possible, we would love to include it!

Thank you in advance.  :)

Hi Peter,

what about the translation of mbartels? He said that he send it to the support team by mail.

How long does it take for the new release, maybe I'll start to translate it by myself and post it

if there's no german release.

Beat me to it, Martin! ;D

As he says, unless otherwise noted, all translations come as is.  Any errors or changes to them are the responsibility of the user. Please do not contact Martin for support or assistance with these files. Feel free, however, to post questions here.

Thanks again, Martin!

Hey there,

Got a mail from Peter yesterday, obviously there had been a little problem with the support-mail-account. I resent all the files a minute ago...

If you can´t wait, I´ve attached the unsupported files below.

Bye,

Martin

vielen dank für das Bereitstellen der deutschen Übersetzung für Prestashop. Ich habe mir die 2 Dateien heruntergeladen. Leider konnte ich diese bis jetzt noch nicht installieren. Ich gehe davon aus, dass die datei mit dem Namen de.gzip mittels Backend (Tools/Translations/Import a language Pack) hochgeladen werden muss, richtig? Leider bleibt das nur ohne Erfolg. Auch habe ich versucht, die datei vorab zu entpacken, was leider auch fehlgeschlagen ist :( ... könnte mir evtl. jemand weiterhelfen?

vielen Dank im voraus

:~/prestashop$ gunzip de.gzip
gzip: de.gzip: unknown suffix -- ignored

419_7EhJQ4vvn0LplkLdkqgd_t

vielen dank für das Bereitstellen der deutschen Übersetzung für Prestashop. Ich habe mir die 2 Dateien heruntergeladen. Leider konnte ich diese bis jetzt noch nicht installieren. Ich gehe davon aus, dass die datei mit dem Namen de.gzip mittels Backend (Tools/Translations/Import a language Pack) hochgeladen werden muss, richtig? Leider bleibt das nur ohne Erfolg. Auch habe ich versucht, die datei vorab zu entpacken, was leider auch fehlgeschlagen ist :( ... könnte mir evtl. jemand weiterhelfen?

[quick translation]

Thank you for contributing the german translation of prestashop. I downloaded the two files. I assume that I´ll have to upload the file named de.gzip via the backend, right? Unfortunately this doesn´t end succesfull (at my installation). I´ve already tried to extract the file instead, but that didn´t work either. Could someone please help me?

[/quick translation]

[answer-german]

Kein Problem. Einige der Übersetzungen sind sicherlich noch ein wenig merkwürdig, da man beim Übersetzen leider nicht sieht in welchem Kontext der Ausdruck auftaucht. Alles weitere werde ich nun aus Gründen der Höflichkeit in English beantworten. Außerdem ist die Möglichkeit eine Lösung zu finden so denke ich mal größer...

[/answer-german]

[answer-english]

No Problem. Some of the translations are still a kind of strange, because when translating the context in which the phrase is shown later on, is not present. I´ll answer the rest of the topic in english, due to politeness. I think the possibility of getting a solution is much higher though. 

[/answer-english]

First of all, on what kind of system is your prestashop installed? Are other languages installed? I exported the language pack on a ApacheFriends XAMPP version 1.6.5, running on a Windows XP-System. Would be nice if all the other people who download the files encountered such problems....

regards,

-martin

Hello tamas,

I know your problem, it's the Gnome Archiver. I don't know why but I've tryed it several times with the same result. Under Windows with Winrar it works, you can extract everything. Maybe you can try to install Winrar or 7Zip under wine and test it again.

Oliver

Sorry, one more question:

does anyone have a translated /mails/de/ folder? There is lots of text in it :(

Yep, me (again :D)... look below (again)

And: how can I adapt the pdf into german? I've seen there is a new hack?

This is one topic which interests me too. The PDF itself is generated by the PDF-class in /classes/PDF.php, within this class, there´s only a static array declared for containing the translations. I haven´t had the time yet, but if you have, you can try out to copy line 28 up to 65, type a comma after the bracket in line 65, paste all in and translate all the words after the '=>'  ...

-martin

mails_de.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello boys apologised my English is poor so I know I translated tw. through Google.

So how far is the German translation for?

Would like to help, even for me and for my customers.

Document or must I also ransetzten a migrsation of Zen-cart to shop Presta style.

So was last heard!

Gruss

Chris

Hello,
I just downloaded the version 1.0 RC3 and am now on testing.
Can it be that the German translations are not read?

Example:
Modules\blockcart\de.php

There is:
$ _MODULE [ '<() Blockcart default> blockcart_a85eba4c6c699122b2bb1387ea4813ad'] = 'Warenkorb';

And this works:
$ _MODULE [ '<() Blockcart prestashop> blockcart_a85eba4c6c699122b2bb1387ea4813ad'] = 'Warenkorb';

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

We would like to include a more complete translation of the German language in PrestaShop v1.1 stable, due out this week.

Can someone please post an updated "de.gzip" file that was exported using PrestaShop v1.0 stable (v1.0.0.8)?

(Instructions on how to export a translation can be found "here":/wiki/Languages_and_Translations/.)

To have it included, please post it here no later than this Thursday, Sept. 11.

Thanks in advance!