[SOLVED] how to reset birthdaypresent emails

Hi guys,

I'm planning to use the birthday present module to send clients an offer.

I was testing but after the first test I could not send any email anymore because I allready send it today.

Is there anybody out here who knows where I can reset this in order to test further more?

I search all tables but did not find any place where the cron job set time or date?

thx for any help or tip.

Deech

I think the module creates a voucher in the form BIRTHDAY-1-2010, where 1 is the customer ID is 2010 is the year the voucher applies to. If the module attempts to create a second voucher with the same code, it will fail. Try going to Payment > Vouchers and deleting the voucher from there. If it isn't displayed there, you will need to manually edit the ps_discount table of your database to delete the voucher.

Rocky that's just the problem.
no voucher in admin and no voucher in the ps_discount table :-)

so I really wonder where the cron job set something?

in the code birthdaypresent.php I also found this :
$voucher->date_to = strftime('%Y-%m-%d', strtotime('+1 month'));

does this mean the voucher is active for 1 month and then nothing ?

maybe set this to 5 month then change the code to :
$voucher->date_to = strftime('%Y-%m-%d', strtotime('+5 month'));

would that be possible?

I've had a look at modules/birthdaypresent/cron.php. I see it has code to create a BIRTHDAY_DATE_UPD value in the ps_configuration table. It prevents you from running the cron job twice on the same day. You will need to change that.

Hi Rocky not at all.

all emails are send like they should.
If I for example change order of status, or just use the contact form, all emails are send like they should be.
and yes in the folder : /modules/birthdaypresent/mails/nl/ there is birthday.html and birthday.txt

but you tell me that the emails must be in the /modules/birthdayprsent/nl/ folder...
so I have a mails folder instead????
is that the problem ???

seems to work on my www.degrootste.be shop but not on my new shop www.thinksat.be

but no problem. on thinksat.be there is no birthday module working.

so for me problem solved but still don't know why it doesn't work on my www.thinksat.be, same configuration.

but we see on degrootste.be, that's the most important.

greetz
and thx rocky

Ohhh by the way.

watch out for the trick in the code.
because while generating the voucher the voucher is cumulable with other vouchers....so watch out.

to set it out :
just change 1 to 0 in this line :
$voucher->cumulable = 0;

in the file modules/birthdaypresent/birthdaypresent.php

greetz

• 3 months later...

Hi Deech

Did you manage to fihure out why the email neevr gets sent for birthday prsent module?

I have exact same problem where cron job says "OK" but no voucher gets set up and no email sent to the customer. Seen quite a few people had this problem yet I am struggling to find a solution..

Hope you can help :)

Robert

• 1 year later...

I've had a look at modules/birthdaypresent/cron.php. I see it has code to create a BIRTHDAY_DATE_UPD value in the ps_configuration table. It prevents you from running the cron job twice on the same day. You will need to change that.

That's what I was looking for. The reset worked for me. I also had to delete the created voucher.