Maintenance mode activates by itself

oscar363

My prestashop version is 1.6.1.11. I would prefer not to give the shop url because it's a client's shop. Everytime I enter the shop, the maintenance mode is activated and I didn't do it (and no one else did). So I go to Settings > Maintenance and activate "Enable shop". Then the shop works fine, but just some minutes later the maintenance mode is active again and therefore my shop is never working :(

I have no clue why this is happening. The shop isn't new, it has been already working fine for some time, and then I just changed a css file (I don't think this is the cause), cleared the cache (through the prestashop backend, performance > clear cache, not manually), and then I entered the shop and maintenance was activated. Maybe it was activated before the change, I didn't check, sorry. I don't know if I caused it or it was automatic. The point is that now I do not touch or change anything, and the maintenance mode activates automatically.

I haven't found any information about this problem on the net, so.. any idea?

Just now, jetway said:

Are you running any cronjobs that updates values in your database. So i am thinking maybe you have code that sets the shop to inactive every 5 minutes or whatever.

No, I don't have any cronjob. Notwithstanding, the client told me he has been changing prices of the products. Now he stopped and the web stopped switching to maintenance mode, so that was it. However, this doesn't fix my problem. The web shouldn't switch to maintenance mode everytime a price is changed. So why is this happening and how can I change it?