If You are having Problems!

I have found most of the problems involved in Prestashop are "Installation" related!

1.. Uploading your files = improper transfer!

2.. Missing files = ftp connections!

3.. Initial install = Overlooking files/system!

4.. Cart errors = Not fully configured!

All of the above can be remedied by simple methods.

We loaded Prestashop onto 7 different servers and surprisingly enough only 3 configured properly first time!
We found that your ftp of choice matters BIG TIME as well, some are better than others.

Prestashop is a marvelous script and is worth taking the time to configure it properly!

Some of the problems with the installation are PHP4 related, i would suggest upgrading to 5 for your own convenience and comfort.

If any Member needs hosting for their Prestashop with....
Operating system=Linux
cpanel 11.23.6-RELEASE
PHP 5.2.5
Mysql version 5.0.51a-community
Unlimited Webspace
Apache and Perl installed

They can PM me for details.

BREZ

• 2 years later...

As an experienced programmer (25 yrs..) I have to say that such behavior in a product is pretty sad. A programmer can include as much, or as little, error and sanity checks as he/she pleases. I get the impression that PrestaShop contains very little of either since it is so easy to incorrectly configure the engine.

If anyone strongly disagrees with this statement (the PS developers, please?), then feel free to answer my post on Where are the logs?, in this thread. Any engine as complex as PS, which doesn't produce copious logs has a long way to go before being a mature, user-friendly e-commerce engine.

As an experienced programmer (25 yrs..) I have to say that such behavior in a product is pretty sad. A programmer can include as much, or as little, error and sanity checks as he/she pleases. I get the impression that PrestaShop contains very little of either since it is so easy to incorrectly configure the engine.

If anyone strongly disagrees with this statement (the PS developers, please?), then feel free to answer my post on Where are the logs?, in this thread. Any engine as complex as PS, which doesn't produce copious logs has a long way to go before being a mature, user-friendly e-commerce engine.

I support this... wholeheartedly..