crzy4prple

Add to cart button missing

Is the product enabled and in stock and do you allow orders for the product? You find all these settings in the specific product. Probably something went wrong there:)

yes I allow for order (even when out of stock), there is over 2100 items listed (due to combos), and the product is enabled.

The problem is on line 262 of themes/Decolletage/product.tpl:

quantity == 0} style="display:none;"{/if} id="add_to_cart" class="buttons_bottom_block"><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="{l s='Add to cart'}" class="exclusive" /></p>

In this code, {if !$allow_oosp && $product->quantity == 0} is evaluating to true on the page where the button is hidden. That must mean that the product quantity is 0 and the option to allow out-of-stock products to be bought has been disabled.

As usual Rocky you're a huge help but... lol I'm smarty challenged... what should the code be? or should I change some setting in the shop?

Check the product page editor, it may be set to not allow out of stock ordering.

That didn't work (preferences>products). I just don't understand why it would be ok on 3 of the items and this one would be off?

Catalog->Edit Product -> When out of stock: is probably set to "Deny orders "

it's odd, I see that the Javascript value
var allowBuyWhenOutOfStock = true;
which was set to false before is correct now, I'm not sure why it's not showing up, I may take a closer look later

Hellp

I have the same problem, I see that it is now fixed, could you please tell me how you corrected this.

Thanks

Chris

This one had me worried for a while. I think it's just a case of when you force selection of the text option it drops the add to cart button so that the customer is directed to the product page to complete the next step before checkout.

Ive found the answer to this. ... or at least the answer to my problem when add to cart button was missing.

Simply put you have to have at least 1 combination of every product otherwise it wont show an add to cart button.

I see ladders which obv have lots of sizes although i do also sell items that come in 1 size only and it was these 1 size only products that were missing an add to cart button.

Hope this helps :)

On 10/27/2010 at 5:26 AM, sebastiann said:

Is the product enabled and in stock and do you allow orders for the product? You find all these settings in the specific product. Probably something went wrong there:)

Same problem in my site I am working on free classic theme and imported all the products from nova engel but add to cart button is not working.

Hi Ruchi.

How did you solve that? I have the same thing, and i tried all of the above and none worked.

Hey guys !

Just go to

Shop parameters >> Product setting 

make Catalog mode 'NO' , Save changes and clear cache. Thats it .