How does the promotion code system work?

PrestaShop has many options for promotion codes. You just need to create a voucher, then customers can enter the code on the cart summary page. In the Back Ofice, go to Payment > Vouchers, then click "Add new". You can enter a code for the voucher yourself, or click the "New" icon to generate a random code. You can create a voucher that gives a % or amount discount on an order or free shipping. Enter a description for the voucher that will appear in the cart summary. You can choose which categories the voucher applies to, how many times the voucher can be used by all customers, how many times each customer can use it, the minimum order amount required to use the voucher, whether it can be used with other vouchers, whether it can be used with products that already have a price reduction, which customers are able to use the voucher and between which dates the voucher can be used.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I would like to know about this matter too. How can I create great number of discount vouchers or discount codes for my marketing promotional actions ?. I mean, for example, create 200 different discount codes at a time. Of course, all codes would worth for the same discount amount. For example, 200 different discount vouchers for a 5 % discount on any product. I woul appreciate any help.

Why create 200 different codes if they are for the same amount? You can simply create a single voucher and set the total quantity to 200 and quantity per customer to 1. Are you worried that someone might create 200 different accounts on your website so they can use the voucher 200 times? Even if they did, they could only use one at a time, so they'd still have to pay 95% of every order they made.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Dear Rocky,

Quoting from you " In the Back Ofice, go to Payment > Vouchers, then click "Add new". You can enter a code for the voucher yourself, or click the "New" icon to generate a random code. You can create a voucher that gives a % or amount discount on an order or free shipping. "

I couldn't find where to click the Voucher . Maybe it's not yet installed in my Prestashop. May you advise me on where to install this feature?

Thanks

Is it possible somehow to do a "Buy one get one free" discount voucher? This is something I would really like to integrate into our store.

I've tried using the regular discount pricing system with the products, however it seems I can only do it per specific product? For example, if the price setup for "Item 1" was arranged with a discount of 50% if someone buys 2, then they're basically getting 2 units of "Item 1" for the price of one (50% + 50%). This is close, but not what we need.

The way we'd like the discount to work would be if someone bought ANYTHING in our store, then they can get any second item at equal or lesser value free (a 100% discount on any second item or apply a 50% discount on both... works out the same).

I've tried the "Better Together" module, however it doesn't seem to work with version 1.4+

Could anyone offer suggestions to this? I really don't mind if I have to do some code hacking to the site.

Dear Rocky,

Quoting from you " In the Back Ofice, go to Payment > Vouchers, then click "Add new". You can enter a code for the voucher yourself, or click the "New" icon to generate a random code. You can create a voucher that gives a % or amount discount on an order or free shipping. "

I couldn't find where to click the Voucher . Maybe it's not yet installed in my Prestashop. May you advise me on where to install this feature?

Thanks

Hi thelabels,

When you click on Payments in the back office, you should have the option in the bar right below that to click on Vouchers, looking something like this:

post-276528-0-26344800-1313605262_thumb.jpg

Do you not get that in your back office? Let me know.

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

MrBaseball (do you change your handle in the offseason?),

The stock voucher module gives you the option to set a limit to the number of times a single user can apply the voucher.

-Mike

No, I am always in baseball season..

I don't care how many times a user uses a voucher, I just want to know if they can use multiple vouchers at one time at checkout.

Hi MrBaseball,

If you go into the Back Office to Payment > Vouchers, you can check the box under Minimum Amount that says "Cumulative with Other Vouchers." That should allow them to use multiple vouchers if you want them to do so, or deactivate it if you don't. Please let me know if that is what you were looking for.

-Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

My customer needs to supply 500+ vouchers to a deal of the day site is there anyway to create a batch or do we have to do one at a time? They must have different voucher numbers but are for the same deal example 50% off Thanks Keith

Hi Keith,

If you want unique voucher numbers, you will need to create them by hand, unfortunately. However, you can create a single, 500+ use voucher that you can assign to a specific group of customers that you create for this purpose. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Mike

• 5 months later...

I think what is being lost here is say a shop wants to use groupon to sell a service or product. You need to batch generate vouchers for them. If a sell a product on groupon, that equates to it being free in my shop I want to use unique codes, so every customer gets one and only one. If they share it,, it does not work. It would create a nightmare if I just made one code good for 500 uses and half the people that bought the groupon did not get their product for free.

Hi Mike,

Currently i'm facing some major problems with the voucher system on PS1.4.4.1. I have created a voucher code for "Free Shipping" on selected product categories only. But when I adding some products which are not within the voucher selected categories, they also entitled for the free shipping. Not just "Free shipping", other "Discount" part also having the same problem. Any idea?

Thanks,

Holyguyz

• 2 months later...

Has there been any progress on batch importing promotional codes? i.e Groupon? I'm considering using Prestashop for an ecommerce site which offers deals, but it must be able to import batches of codes for Groupon, KGB etc. I currently create codes for some sites, but Groupon and some other sites insist on using their own.

• 9 months later...

Hi thelabels,

When you click on Payments in the back office, you should have the option in the bar right below that to click on Vouchers, looking something like this:

post-276528-0-26344800-1313605262_thumb.jpg

Do you not get that in your back office? Let me know.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm quite new here and I'm using Presta 1.5 but what I have here is just is the the "Price Rule" and under price rule: cart rules and catalog prices rules. There's no option to click voucher. The payment is under the module but it's just adding payment methods like paypal, check, bank wire, etc.

Please help...I really really need your help

Thanks

Monette

Edited by monette11 (see edit history)

Hi Mike,

I'm quite new here and I'm using Presta 1.5 but what I have here is just is the the "Price Rule" and under price rule: cart rules and catalog prices rules. There's no option to click voucher. The payment is under the module but it's just adding payment methods like paypal, check, bank wire, etc.

Please help...I really really need your help

Thanks

Monette

Hi Monette,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forums! Firstly, read the manual regarding Price Rules and Vouchers.

Next, read these different tutorials, http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/prestashop-15/price-rule-management

In Price Rules>Cart Rules you can generate a Voucher code. They act as the same. the voucher code generated by making a Cart Rule is used to fill out the "Voucher" field during checkout.

Cart Rules=Vouchers

I hope this helps! Thank you for choosing PrestaShop!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am using PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.1 and I wanted to set up vouchers for my website. It works fine when I create the cart rule without a code and the dicount eg. 5% is applied to every item but as soon as I enter a  required code in the set up, it stops working and in the checkout there is not even an option or a button for a customer to enter this code. Do you experience the same problem?

Thank you

• 1 month later...

I installed a new theme...and I made a coupon, but there is nowhere to enter the coupon at checkout, how do I get one??

I'm using a theme called BlackHawk1.2

My website is www.Woudlers.com if you want to check it out, thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
 I am looking to do a coupon code for local that instead of the customer having to actually add the coupon code.

I want to provide a link to the customer.

when they click on the link.

It will automatically add the discount amount to the cart page.

It is possible or not?

If it is possible, how to achieve that concept, can you give me the idea?