Make customize form Ajax

How can I make the customise product form use ajax so that the page does not refresh after clicking save? I am only interested in text fields if that helps.

The current method of refreshing the page on clicking save is causing me problems with the colour options reverting to their default.

• 10 months later...

I believe there was some code for that posted on the forum at one point, but I don't think it was converted to PS 1.4.4

It's not a quick code change, which I guess is why it was not posted here by anyone else.

You can check out this module http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/47363-module-attribute-wizard-pro-create-an-unlimited-number-of-attributes-and-display-as-radio-button-checkbox-dropdown-textbox-teaxtarea-files/

It lets you use attributes as textbox, text area and file upload, no need to hit any save button, and you can also attach a price impact to them.

• 2 months later...

Tomers Module is great but not exactly what I need. My products have 100+ combinations and besides chossing one, they have to type 2 references into customization fields. In PS 1.4 when clicking the Save button the attributes revert back to the default, and most likely the user will not notice the attributes changed and will go ahead and Add to Cart right after the page reloaded with the customization saved. Is there any possible way the Save Button can be Ajaxed ?? There should be, even though I wrote the Technical Support via the Contact form in PS website, and here is the answer I received:

We reviewed the site and it isn’t a bug but rather the functionality of the input fields. In order to save the custom information the page must refresh. A typical work around would be to customize the page with JavaScript so that those fields are saved on refresh or rather the custom fields are sent with the form information when the add to cart button is pressed. I would recommend posting your requirements on the forum and see if someone in the community could assist you with that. Another option would be to contact one of our partners at http://www.prestashop.com/en/certified_agencies/ and see if they would be able to assist you. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

I dont know how to do either of the workarounds mentioned in that email and they won't do it for me either. Anybody has any suggestion? Any help is appreciated.

If this cannot be solved, it is a very junky system because I take this as a major bug, MANY orders can be confused and customers can get really annoyed when trying to make an order, specially if you have 500+ products like this, which is my case (a clothing factory with thousands of products).

I am willing to pay for the fix, as long as it works properly.

Looking forward to a reply.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Would be great to know how you fixed that fire2. I've been pulling my hair out for days over this.

I just want to save a customization using the Ajax Cart and it's not working. Just always keep prompting me to fill in form field that are already filled in.

Here's a bit more info on what's happening with my cart.

I'm using v1.4.8.3 and trying to add several product customization fields.

The problem only effects the form by the way if there's a required field in there.

When I fill in these fields on the website and press save when I try to 'add to cart' i'm asked to fill in the required form fields even though they are already filled in and saved.

The only way you can get it to work is my refreshing the page once you have saved the form, then add it to the cart.

Would be great to know the fix above or if anyone else has managed to get this working....