PHP Fatal error: Property Currency->decimals is not valid

Hello, I need to install a Prestashop 1.6.x version, initially I need prestashop_1.6.1.3_es but as this error is happening I downloaded and tried prestashop_1.6.1.18. Same error is happening.

I tried install in 2 servers, one has php 5.6 and another has php 7.0 versions. Same error is happening in both servers. After 45% of installation process, just after "Populating database tables" has been completed, installation process breaks with an error, I find this message in Apache log:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PrestaShopException: Property Currency->decimals is not valid in /var/www/html/waltrapping.new/classes/ObjectModel.php:909\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/waltrapping.new/classes/LocalizationPack.php(299)

I've seen this error is common and there's even a related bug, but any of the given solutions fits me. As I have tried last Prestashop version in 1.6.x I'm blocked now and I'm not able to go on (I need an 1.6 version because I have to fix a broken site, with theme already adapted for 1.6)

Thank you

Hi kwnz, i had same problem and i managed to solve it.

I don't know which localization are you trying to install, i was installing the Italian pack. I think that Prestashop made some change to its localization files (in a wrong way), because if you go to http://api.prestashop.com/localization/16/it.xml (it's the file that presta try to import during the installation process), you can see that 'decimals' field is set to 2, that causes the error. 

However after the first installation attempt, prestashop should copy this file in cache in order to use it next times, so try to go to /cache/sandbox/ and see if there is a file named 16{your_localization_iso}.xml and, if it exists, modify the currency line changing decimals form 2 to 1. It should fix the problem.

This process worked for me, hope that could help you too.

Let me know,
regards!

• Like 2