TecServe

[Free Module] Custom shipping costs (PS 1.7)

Hello everyone!

This is my first module for PS 1.7 and I hope it is useful to somebody here! I am currently using it in our own online shop successfully.

You can enter custom shipping costs for manual orders done via back office, see screenshot:

customshipping.thumb.png.a79b868e624f64f6e3966597e1b2514f.png

NOTE: Currently the tax rule is set to the most used tax rule within all existent and active carriers, until configuration page is available, if there are no other carriers, tax rule will be set to "no tax". The module works fine in combination with module "Legal Compliance" and activated option "Proportionate tax for shipping and wrapping".

Please test it before you use it, and let me know what you think!

Greetings and have fun!

Barb

Additional information:

The original PS15 module was developed by soulseekah, you can find his module version on GitHub, too.

I am giving this away for free, so please again test it thoroughly, I cannot be held responsible for any negative consequences

ts_customshipping.zip

Edited by TecServe
new version setting the tax rule to most used (see edit history)

It seems that it's not working.. Can't get it installed. You sure it's the right ZIP file? 

I would like to test this module very much!

13 minutes ago, jrnijzing said:

It seems that it's not working.. Can't get it installed. You sure it's the right ZIP file? 

I would like to test this module very much!

Yeah developer has mal formed the zip-file. Unzip and upload to your FTP to folder /modules only the folder /ps_custom-shipping/customshipping of the package.

This module only allows you to set a custom shipping price in the backend (for manual orders only)!

NOTE: the customs shipping has no option to add a specific tax. It will take the main tax of your shop settings, so if your carrier has another tax as your main tax, it will not fit for you.

Hello!

Yes you are right, there were Readme file and a screenshot packed with the rest of the files. I just uploaded a new ZIP file without the extra files packed.

6 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

NOTE: the customs shipping has no option to add a specific tax. It will take the main tax of your shop settings, so if your carrier has another tax as your main tax, it will not fit for you.

Thanks for the hint, we didn't have the situation yet that the carrier had another tax rate, but we might consider adding that option for the next release of the module. The module is available through back office only because there was no need for it in front office so far, could you give us an idea of a possible application for front office?

Best regards

Only one problem, maybe you guys can tell me how to solve this;

When I add the custom shipping to a particular item and add it to the shopping cart, it says that there aren't any shipping carriers available in your country. I've looked at the carriers in the backend, and those countries are selected. In theory, it has to been working?

36 minutes ago, TecServe said:

Thanks for the hint, we didn't have the situation yet that the carrier had another tax rate, but we might consider adding that option for the next release of the module.

Post.at and DHL for ex. Post.at - shipping til 2kg (letter) have 0%. Parcel over 2 kg. normal tax. DHL in Germany similar. Furthermore we have (DE and AT) also the split of tax according to goods shipped - Billing of shipping costs proportionate according to the product tax (10 and 20% or 19 and 7%)

7 minutes ago, jrnijzing said:

Only one problem, maybe you guys can tell me how to solve this;

When I add the custom shipping to a particular item and add it to the shopping cart, it says that there aren't any shipping carriers available in your country. I've looked at the carriers in the backend, and those countries are selected. In theory, it has to been working?

I am not sure if I understood exactly what you mean, could you send me your workflow what you need to do exactly? Did you do any changes to the "Custom Shipping Carrier" under the carriers menu? In that case, you would need to reset the module as the ID of the carrier has changed.

Usually, you don't need to apply the custom shipping as a carrier to any product as it always should be available through backend?

Please provide some additional information, we would be happy to help!

47 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

Post.at and DHL for ex. Post.at - shipping til 2kg (letter) have 0%. Parcel over 2 kg. normal tax. DHL in Germany similar. Furthermore we have (DE and AT) also the split of tax according to goods shipped - Verrechnung der Versandkosten Anteilig nach Produktsteuer (10 und 20%).

Thank you for pointing that out, you are absolutely right, this needs to be fixed! I will put a note inside the original post about that issue!

@selectshop.at Actually that's two different situations:

1. The customer is charged the same tax rate as is the shop owner by the transportation company, as in your example 0% for shipments under 2 kg.

2. The customer is charged the tax according to the tax rate of the products he is buying.

So assuming the customer is ordering two articles, the more expensive one with 20% tax and the cheaper one has 10% tax. Together the goods are under 2kg and Post.at is charging you 0% tax on delivery. According to tax law you would have to apply higher tax as the main product underlies the 20% tax or split them in the same ratio as are the values of the products. But on the other side you are not charged any tax by the delivery service you are using.

That sounds like something to discuss with the tax consultant, the general advice might be to always charge the higher amount to be on the safe side, which might be not so good for the shop owner who has mainly goods with reduced tax rates.

I do not know any module which allows tax splitting according to goods shipped, is there any?

Thanks again for pointing this out, that's a very interesting topic!

Edited by TecServe (see edit history)

1 hour ago, TecServe said:

@selectshop.at

I do not know any module which allows tax splitting according to goods shipped, is there any?

Yes there is a development of German Community and natively integrated in Prestashop back-office module list: PS 1.7. Eu-Legal, PS 1.6. Advanced EU compliance.

The module works as expected in combination with "legal compliance" module and activated option "Proportionate tax for shipping and wrapping" as far as we can tell from using it in our own shop.

The tax rule group is set to most used tax rule group within active carriers now.

Thank you all for your input, it's highly appreciated!

19 hours ago, TecServe said:

I am not sure if I understood exactly what you mean, could you send me your workflow what you need to do exactly? Did you do any changes to the "Custom Shipping Carrier" under the carriers menu? In that case, you would need to reset the module as the ID of the carrier has changed.

Usually, you don't need to apply the custom shipping as a carrier to any product as it always should be available through backend?

Please provide some additional information, we would be happy to help!

Please see the attachement its Dutch.. But it's saying that there aren't any carriers available. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I selected the "custom" shipping on a particular product that has free shipping. 

shippinh.JPG

38 minutes ago, jrnijzing said:

I see, that's a shame :(. Thank you anyway!

Why would you need it in the front store? I don't see an application for that, can you give me an idea?

I am looking for a module who allows me to pick particular items in the back-end and give these products free shipping. So that customers can select these items in the front-end and add them to the shopping cart. When they only buy a product with the free shipping, the shopping-cart doesnt need to calculate shippingfees. But when a customers decides to buy more than one item, and adds a item with shipping fees, it has to be the "normal" shippingfees.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:39 PM, Soyons zen said:

HI, Thank you for sharing, OK installation

Hey Brother! Can you share a working download link, I'm unable to download this, or point me to a direction (within maybe)

5 hours ago, ifecastro said:

Hé frère! Pouvez-vous partager un lien de téléchargement qui fonctionne, je ne parviens pas à le télécharger, ou me diriger vers une direction (peut-être à l'intérieur)

customshipping.zip

On 11/29/2018 at 6:56 PM, Soyons zen said:

below is the error code i get whenever i try to access the link you gave me. Help!

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

18 hours ago, ifecastro said:

ci-dessous est le code d'erreur que je reçois chaque fois que j'essaie d'accéder au lien que vous m'avez donné. Aidez-moi!

Désolé, il y a un problème

Cette pièce jointe n'est pas disponible. Il a peut-être été supprimé ou la personne qui l'a partagé peut ne pas avoir l'autorisation de le partager à cet emplacement.

Code d'erreur: 2C171 / 1 

Vous avez un souci avec votre Explorer..! 

3 hours ago, Soyons zen said:

Vous avez un souci avec votre Explorer..! 

Je ne peux pas en dire beaucoup à ce sujet. Pouvez-vous m'aider avec un lien différent ou google drive?

16 hours ago, ifecastro said:

Je ne peux pas dire beaucoup à ce sujet. Pouvez-vous m'aider avec un lien différent ou google drive?

Fait un test avec Firfox .!

Hello, I'd like to try out the module, but it seems the attachment is not available. Can I ask for the file? thanks.

Just installed the module, worked fine, but still question.

As I see in the first image it should give the way to create shipping cost as value not % from the weight or sizes. How to do that?

If not possible, could anyone suggest a module for that or how to set it by hands?

Hi,

Do you have a demo? 

I still do not see how does it work. If it work well, it will resend the invoice to the customer after customizing the order?

Could you explain more detail?

Tks and Regards,