(SOLVED) How to remove (tax incl. and tax excl.)

Hi

On the shopping cart (Candy Art Template) I have the tax disable.

I am wondering why (tax incl. and tax excl.) are showing in the summary with the unit price.

It goes like this

Unit price $65.00 Qty1 Total $65.00

Total Products (tax incl.) $65.00
Total (tax excl.) $65.00
Total tax: $0.00
Total (tax incl.) $65.00

Is this normal?
If so Can I take out (tax incl. and tax excl.) or how would I get it not to show $65.00

Thanks

How do you have tax set up? You can go to Tools > Translations, select "Front office translations" in the dropdown, click the USA flag, then scroll down to the "prestashop - shopping-cart" and rewrite the strings without the (tax incl.) and (tax excl.) parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have tax set to "0".

The client is including tax in the price.

I don't know why tax incl. and tax excl. is showing the actual price of the item.

I went to tool>translation and so on but that would not remove the entire line.

I want to remover both lines completely if possible or at least remove the $65.00 on both line which should not be there in the first place.
Why is the $65.00 showing there?
Total (tax excl.) $65.00
Total (tax incl.) $65.00

Thanks

If you aren't using taxes, you should go to Payment > Taxes and change "Enable tax" to "No". In PrestaShop v1.3.2, that should remove all (tax incl.) and (tax excl.). PrestaShop v1.3.1 and below still displayed (tax incl.) and (tax excl.) in some places. It's a bug that was fixed in v1.3.2.

• Like 1

It works for me. In PrestaShop v1.3.2, I just went to Payment > Taxes and changed "Enable taxes" to "No", then clicked Save, then went to the shopping cart summary and it didn't display "(tax incl.)". You must be using an older theme. Try switching to the default PrestaShop v1.3.2 theme.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi removed 2 lines from product.tpl file, it looks ok, can somebody confirm this if it is the right way to do it...(prestashop 1.4.5.1)

Line 257

{if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}

Line 273

{if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Problem is still there in 1.6.0.9. Disabling taxes and tax rules still shows taxes in the pop-up cart summary when you add a product to the cart, and also shows free shipping, even though the products are all virtual.

Total products (tax incl.) £64.99

Total shipping (tax incl.) Free shipping!
Total (tax incl.) £64.99

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Iam using prestashop 1.6.0.14 and have disabled all tax rules and taxes but i still get Total shipping (tax excl.).

How do i disable that option on all my customer products

Your help is always appreciated.

Thank you

Ronnie

• 5 months later...

I need to change or remove the text (Tax included) to (tax exluded) or remove it. My products have the text (tax included) next to the price, how can I remove it or change it?

Note: I charge sale tax to customers in Texas only, so I do have the tax rule set up.

My website is www.jamilascatsandkittensshop.com.

Thank you! 

post-1126209-0-14204700-1451952315_thumb.png

Hello,

Iam using prestashop 1.6.0.14 and have disabled all tax rules and taxes but i still get Total shipping (tax excl.).

How do i disable that option on all my customer products

Your help is always appreciated.

Thank you

Ronnie

Have you been able to remove the text (tax excl)? I'm trying to remove (tax included).

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

If you aren't using taxes, you should go to Payment > Taxes and change "Enable tax" to "No". In PrestaShop v1.3.2, that should remove all (tax incl.) and (tax excl.). PrestaShop v1.3.1 and below still displayed (tax incl.) and (tax excl.) in some places. It's a bug that was fixed in v1.3.2.

Hi rocky!

Can you tell me, how can I do it on Ver 1.6.1.4. ?

OFF: I recognized a lot option (What was in early versions...) was given to the module publishers, is it the right way for the prestashop?

Thanks!

In PrestaShop v1.6, it's the Localization > Taxes tab where you can change "Enable taxes" to "No" if you don't need tax.

Thanks! Btw any option to show tax only in the checkout?

My customers are mostly business (It is a stationery store), so It would be desired to show prices tax excluded but make an invoice with include taxes.

• Like 1

You can try going to Customers > Groups and changing the "Price display method" of each group to "Tax excluded". I'm not sure if that will display tax invoice how you like though. If it doesn't, you'll need to override the PDF invoice TPL files.

• 1 month later...

Not sure how you guys are getting it work using the solutions posted here but NONE work for me in 1.6, and now in 1.7. In the end, I found the phrase in translations, and substituted a blank space!

Hi!

Would you please mind sharing where in the translations you managed to find the phrase? Thanks!

Choose your theme in Translations, then expand all "fieldsets" and use the browser's Find option to search for whatever word or phrase you want to change. For example, press Command+F in Safari, then type (tax excl.) in the Find field.

• 5 months later...
On 3/17/2017 at 11:42 PM, dobesv said:

In 1.7 go to International > Locations > (Each Country), and disable "Display tax label" at the bottom.

hi, this method does not work,  this simply changes country from 'tax included' / 'tax exculded' handling.  This feature is not well explained.

The easiest way to to use translations to remove,  here is example of 1.7 but works same in 1.6 and earlier.  

10.24.2017-11.04.55

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 18/03/2017 at 4:42 AM, dobesv said:

In 1.7 go to International > Locations > (Each Country), and disable "Display tax label" at the bottom.

I actually love you. Thank you.
Apart from the bit where I have to do this for lots of countries.... but yeah. Thank you! :D

• 3 months later...

Old but maybe it will be helpful

Presta 1.6

UPDATE "._DB_PREFIX_ ."country SET display_tax_label = 0

Or for each country:

Admin > Localization > Countries > Edit 

Switch Off

Display tax label (e.g. "Tax incl.")

2018-05-21_09:18:07_1446x504.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

In Prestashop 8.1.0 I edited the ps_shoppingcart.tpl and/or cart-summary-totals.tpl.

I commented out the lines:

{*                            <div class="cart-summary-line cart-total">
                                <span class="label">{$cart.totals.total_including_tax.label}</span>
                                <span class="value">{$cart.totals.total_including_tax.value}</span>
                            </div>
*}

Edited by skijump (see edit history)