en Jump to content
tomerg3

[MODULE] UPS - Get real time rates from UPS, Label printing & shipping preview on the product page.

V1.4.6 released

* Fixed a bug with tax being added twice in checkout page.

* Fixed a bug where zipcode was disabled (no rates were returned).

* Product dimensions can be smaller than 1

Tomerg3

The UPS module doesn't appear to handle high value shipments (>$1000) that are insured. With these shipments UPS requires a custody report signed by the UPS driver at time of pickup. They call this "ControlLogReceipt" in the XML response.

Can you capture this xml response and display it as another webpage tab at the time the label is generated? Apparently it is html format.

For us this is a big deal as more than half of our shipments are high value with insurance. For these my employees are having to skip the UPS module and generate the label at ups.com.

v1.5 released

* New Back Office layout with improved instructions and help popins

* Fix for accented characters for label printing

* Updated tracking URL

* Fixed void of international labels

V1.5.1 released
* Fix for new custom hook system (PS 1.5.5+)
* Added label + config page setting validation
* Fix for label printing occasional information reset
* Fix for return label printing

When figuring UPS rates in V1.5.1, the results are always approx. 25% more than the actual UPS rates.  My previous developer was unable to fix the problem.  I am not tech savvy, so please respond in layman's terms.  I have tried to change different settings (always changing them back to the original settings), but still have not been able to fix it.  Can someone please give me some ideas.

he default and most basic shipping configuration is by weight only: select "Multiple Boxes", "Fixed Size", leave "Width/Height/Depth" as zero, enter a "Max Weight" and leave "Maximum product per box" as zero.

Or, to let this module determine the number of boxes needed based on product dimensions, select "Multiple Boxes" and "Product Dimensions" and add each box size you use, one at a time. Be sure all of your products have width/height/depth defined.

Packaging Type:  PackageUPS LetterTubePak10KG Box25KG BoxSmall Express BoxMedium Express BoxLarge Express Box   qm.png 

Number of Boxes:  Single box qm.png or  Multiple boxes qm.png   Calculate # of Products Per Box By:  Fixed Size qm.png or  Product Dimensions qm.png  
Box Dimension: Add the dimensions for each of the boxes you use to ship your products, click the add.gif to add a new box. qm.png
  Width   qm.png
  Height   qm.png
  Depth / Length  qm.png
  Max Weight  (Must be greater than 0) qm.png
     add.gif

• The detection algorithm does its best to estimate the number of boxes needed to fit all the products, it may over estimate..
  • If the product dimension are bigger than the "Box Dimensions" above, a new box the size of the product will be added..
Debug Mode:  Off On   qm.png
Step 4: Module Settings "Shipping Rates" Buttons:   Show Hide   qm.png   Shipping Rate Address:   Country      State      City      Zip     qm.png   Address Override:   Update the customer's account address with the shipping preview address   XML Log:   Create a log of the request and response from UPS qm.png (View Log)

The Account Settings are verified.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Brooke

V1.5.2 released

* Added option for UPS label printing in non-UPS orders
* Added Transaction Reference for label printing
* Fixed deprecated function Hook::get()
* Fixed debug mode (error when enabled) in ajax request (Shipping Rates Button)
* Updated Carrier  override for PrestaShop v.1.5
* Fixed warehouse movement when label printing & status changing (PS 1.5)
* Fixed insurance request when more than 1 carrier is used.
* Fixed XML request for weight to use 3 decimals digits
* Dimensional weight excluded for Ground shipping.
* COD fixed for international orders.

Hi - I'm based in the UK and am looking at your UPS, FEDEX and DHL shipping modules and would like to know a little more please. I'm using PS version 1.5.6.1 and have Leo Dress Store theme installed. I also have Free Delivery Module v 1.2.2 by MARICHAL Emmanuel which is great for me to set Free shipping to addresses in the UK for orders over £50GBP. Website is calligraphyarts.co.uk/shop/

Recently I have discovered that I really need volumetric shipping calculations... so do your modules integrate to include carriers I have already set up? I am using UK Royal Mail and Airmail which is great for smaller single packages up to 2Kg.

Also, do they work on mobile themes?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Nick Lappage

Our module works on all themes, as long as built in carriers work, our module will work (as it is using the infrastructure of any Prestashop carrier).

Our module may not work with the 3rd party module you have (Free Delivery), you would have to ask the creator of the module.

Our module will only use and display in the shipping preview carriers that were creator from one of our module, you will not be able to show external carriers in the shipping preview, however, it will not conflict with any existing carriers you have on the checkout page (they will all be displayed).

There should not be any issue with a mobile theme, as long as built in carriers work correctly there.

No matter what I attempt I get "Shipping rates preview is not available in your area." I have submitted multiple tickets and sent e-mails, PMS, and talked on Live Chat countless times, but unless I can give them FTP access and server access and back office access they can do absolutely nothing to help me...It doesn't quite make sense. The company I am working with needs this to remain secure so giving this information out is not an option for me. The support from you guys needs to be improved especially when we have dropped over $200 into your modules and they simply don't work. If you can fix it with access to our FTP and servers then you should be able to live chat and help me with steps and things to troubleshoot. So far your "attempts" to help me have just been not good enough.

We provided you with all the possible causes to the issue you described.

We cannot know if you are actually able to check and see what we have suggested, as we have no access to the site.

Just like any developer, we need to be able to see the issue and be able to debug it in order to help, especially in cases where it is working on our test sites,

We provide support and module installation to hundreds of customers each week, and the ones that have security concerns, can set up a test environment without any secure information, where we can quickly help.

We do not claim to provide a live chat to help debug issues remotely, not offer remote access support, as those as very time consuming.

Tomer, I'm sorry if the previous post came off as rude or upfront, this just has been very frustrating. On the bright side, I have good news for us all. We will be setting up an FTP just for you. Please get back to me via e-mail (banstett@antec.com) or PM me here so we can fix this.

I can understand your frustration, and I'm glad to hear you can set up an ftp, as that should lead us to the quickest resolution.

Please use the contact form on our site, that would get you the fastest response, as we have team members in other time zones that can respond (as it's getting late in NY).

The only issue we have is the shipping rates preview, everything is installed and set, is there any way you would be able to just hop on and resolve the issue for us? We have a deadline of 5 PM pacific time today.

In addition, specifically which folders would you be needing FTP access to?

v1.6.2 released
* Added support for having multiple label printing modules for an order.
* Shipping preview optimization (to avoid scrollbars).
* Fix for missing order name variable in tracking # email
* Fixed config page layout issues in Firefox

V1.6.3 released

* Added account validation request and response to configuration page and server log when account info is invalid
* Added server error to XML Log
* Fix for shipping preview fields formatting (certain themes only)
* Fix for configuration page layout (Firefox browser only)

V1.6.4 released

* Added option to collapse or expand by default the labels on order page
* Added fix for servers still using SSLv3
* Added shipping preview customer group validation
* Sorting in shipping preview by the PS settings
* Shipping preview displays state only when needed
* Fixed small glitch when closing the shipping preview
* Added option to select origin country if it's not enabled in PrestaShop
* Fixed zip code validation for countries not using it

I bought bought two of Presto Changeo's modules as well as their updates.  The support has been pretty top notch.  My particular website deviates from the norm in aspects of product creation and shipping and they have been a big help in making suggestions on how to work around them.

I've had trouble with this UPS and this particular module, but after extensive testing and support from Tomer, I come to realize that it is a limitation of UPS and their maximum box weight.  If anyone has come up with a work around for UPS weight limit, please chime in here:  UPS weight limit

Edited by electrokid

Hi there

I'm using Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and already have a UPS account (Spain).

Just a couple of questions:

Is it neccessary to have a SLL certificate in order to connect to UPS (real time rates with discounts)?

Does everything work same way from Spain?

Wich UPS APIs are acctually involved in this module?

Thanks in advanced

Hi tomerg3,

Thanks for your quick response.

I'd like the module to get our negotiated rates. Do I need de SLL for this?

On the other hand. Does the module get the tracking number automatically right after the purchase?

Thanks again

V1.6.5 released

* Removed US address validation for international origin (some accounts do not have access to this API)
* Fixed issues with shipping preview (in some cases it would be hidden and retain old state / city values)

Does this works for shipping from Singapore?

My prestashop powerered ecommerce site is based in Singapore.

The native Prestashop UPS and Fedex shipping module did not work for me so far for some reason, do you know why?

Will your plugin work for me?

Our module will return the same rates as UPS.com and FedEx.com, if you are able to get rates there for your country / account, our module would work just fine (we cannot say why the built in modules won't work, however, they tend to be more buggy at times).

You are welcome to try it on our demo server, but, as we offer free support for our modules (not including modifications or integration with other modules), and we always make sure our modules work for every customer.

Hi,

I bought  this module and install it, set up it, but it does not work. When I make order, in shopping cart show me only massage :

There is 1 error

1. There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected.

Location and zones are set correctly. 

Can you help me please ? 

PS: sorry for my English.

Did you get an automatic email confirmation after sending your request?

If not, please check your spam folder or consider using another email address.

We answer all support requests in 24 hours or less, so either we did not get it, or we replied and it went to your spam.

Please try again, and let me know if you do not get the automatic confirmation.

Hello!!

My ecommerce site is based in Spain. I guess that this works for shipping from Spain, but could you confirm, please?

I have another question:

All my products have combinations, and each combination increases base price and base weight. I installed a module (product combination dimensions) that allows me to add package dimensions to individual product combinations for use with shipping modules.

I also have defined in my UPS account new packages according to my product combination dimensions.

So, will your UPS module work fine in my case?

If you say yes, I will be so happy to have found your module, but I need sincere opinion and as soon as possible, please (I need to open my shop before Christmas)

Thank you in advance.

(I attach images for better understanding and better answer ;) )

post-1220303-0-96395800-1481843394_thumb.jpg

post-1220303-0-46574300-1481843395_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I already purchased this module, working great (y)

I don't want to use Live Rate(Price), From 0 to 300 shipping charge 25 , how i can configure, i tried to edit in Carriers but not working.

Amir: The module is set to get live rates, if you do not want to use it for under $300, you would need to create a new carrier for that price range, and create a carrier from our module, then edit it to change the starting price range from 0 to 300.

You will still be able to print labels from the module to both carriers if needed

V1.6.7 released
Support for Thirty Bees
Fixed issue when state is changed in shipping preview 
Fixed issue with disabled languages 
Fixed boxing issue with multishop 
Fixed issue with DHL compatibility