Jump to content
InduStone

New Sub-categories - not showing

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I'm adding new subcategories to one of the category, but they are not showing in the category list (footer or left menu).

These new categories are visible in the DB, but the 'nleft' and 'nright' values are equal 0.

I also noticed that the parent category has limited range by nleft and nright and all values in this range have been already taken by existing subcategories, thus my new categories can't get category numbers. Is there a way to recalculate it? 

I'd really appreciate your answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Does sombody have experience with nleft and nright values?

Is it save modify this parameters?

I wonder why no one answered...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's your ps version? It's not a good idea to edit those values manually. Try to run "Category::regenerateEntireNtree();" from any script, see if it regenerates it properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you NemoPS. 

PS 1.6.1.18.

Will try to regenerate tree, however the categories/sub-categories numbers are visible in the url's, so shouldn't be changed... Am I right?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those will not change, the tree on regenerates nleft and nright :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Unfortunately it didn't help.

I've created new subcategory, added some products to it, but when I select it from the list of subcategories it shows:

"Category not found"

Any idea?

Moreover, when I checked the ps_category table in DB if found that this newly created table has values of nleft and nright equal to zero.

I'd appreciate your answer.

Looking forward to your reply.

image.png.1a3fda342781f6f0090cc522d098fcd0.png

image.png.a49288c6250060e52d20de8369a16636.png

Regards

B

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I've found several empty categories in the DB table. These categories were not visible from backoffice. I manually deleted them and that solved the issue.

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More