PrestaShop or Wordpress

Ava123

I am trying to get my SEO as best I can but because I am still learning I asked someone for help. 

I have attached a screenshot of their response regarding PrestaShop. 

I would love to hear everyone’s opinions on this. 

8178D470-ED12-4ECA-9019-FE70723A1056.jpeg

This is not true. I'm using both depending on the project. Prestashop SEO is quite well, same as for WordPress. And let me say: SEO is more than a good coded script!!

I don't know from where you are taking this information you added as screen, but it's simple from somebody not working with Prestashop. Wordpress is more a content management system and not really an e-commerce platform, their shopping cart plugins, incl. Woo are very basic. So you need to differ the projects.

If you want/need to make a shopping cart with high quantity of extras I will prefer Prestashop. If you want to promote content, instead of products I will take WP. It really depends on what you want to realize.

If you are selling products and not content, so take PS 1.6. latest, do not take the still in development PS 1.7.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ava123 said:

I am trying to get my SEO as best I can but because I am still learning I asked someone for help. 

I have attached a screenshot of their response regarding PrestaShop. 

I would love to hear everyone’s opinions on this. 

8178D470-ED12-4ECA-9019-FE70723A1056.jpeg

Could you ask him to be more specific about the "many areas needed for seo that cannot even be accessed"?

Thank you for your reply. The person I was in contact with is from Fiverr. I didn’t think what she said was completely correct. She obviously favours Wordpress. I just felt a little deflated with all the hard work I have done, that she says google doesn’t like PrestaShop and won’t rank it.

28 minutes ago, Ava123 said:

I just felt a little deflated with all the hard work I have done, that she says google doesn’t like PrestaShop and won’t rank it.

This is simply not true and as I said: SEO is not only one thing, but a big package of several things.

You can check performance of your by using this tool for ex.

https://gtmetrix.com/

From what I can see your site is having a good performance: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.podsandsods.com.au/OTtwooXX

29 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

This is simply not true and as I said: SEO is not only one thing, but a big package of several things.

You can check performance of your by using this tool for ex.

https://gtmetrix.com/

From what I can see your site is having a good performance: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.podsandsods.com.au/OTtwooXX

Thank you so much! It isn’t doing too bad after all 🙂

SEO is a long term thing. PR (page rank) nowadays is not really an index for good SEO. I have sites with PR 1 or 2 and they are always listed on first positions since years. What you need is to have a good performance and play with your keywords to be listed on first positions.

From what I can see your site is using as keyword baby bean bags. What you can do is to add some more text, some more text related to baby bean bags. Testimonials, experience, reviews, videos, etc.

Ah yeah, if you are using Firefox, so there is an extension called SEO Quake. Install this and check the performance of your keywords. In combination the threa words are not so good. In separate each is performing well, but you need to add more content containing all three one in a sequence/combination "baby bean bag". ;)

Good Luck.

24 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

Ah yeah, if you are using Firefox, so there is an extension called SEO Quake. Install this and check the performance of your keywords. In combination the threa words are not so good. In separate each is performing well, but you need to add more content containing all three one in a sequence/combination "baby bean bag". ;)

Good Luck.

I am using Chrome 😕. I will add more content as you suggested using the combination. 

I appreciate all your help very much. 

Tahnks again.

6 hours ago, ndiaga said:

Google search this new website :  prestatuts.com   you will see how many pages are indexed and this website is just two months old.

Sorry, but this is not an index for good SEO. Google indexes each new Domain on first places. Google gives you a novice bonus. After a period of a year you will see if your site is still on same position or not.

prestatus.com was active in 2010, and 2013 than no activities, this means project was abandoned by domain owner. Domain was transferred to new owner in February 2018. In March 2018 again content was added to this domain, so it has a newcomer bonus on Google rank.

note for the girls.... I'm too female... so please no female prejudices ;) I use both, WordPress and Prestashop, but as I said, depends on the project. AND I used Prestashop before I came to WordPress !

• Like 1