Auspost Integration

Aust Post Carrier is only set up for Oceania. Int Carrier for all the rest. So why does my Aust Post Module feel the need to throw up and error when it finds out a customer is from the UK (zone - europe)?

It did once, but not any more... go figure? I originally had it set for oceania zone, Aust and New Zealand. Not sure what i did, if anything, it did work, but not anymore.

I notice that if i change the configuration in the module to 'AIR' It calculates beautifully for Overseas orders. Unfortunately, you can only choose one option: Standard, Air, Sea, etc.

If you could duplicate the module and have a second carrier pick up this second version of the module it would work great - i think. I have duplicated other modules (add stuff, Adverts, categories, etc) but this module is a little bit trickier.

• 1 month later...

I use the Australia post module and i really like it.

The module has the capacity to calculate national and international shipping, but you have to choose which one from the back end. It cant automatically switch when an international address is entered and so throws up an error message during check out. Likewise, if set to international post, it calculates beautifully, for international orders, but then throws up an error for National orders when address is entered.

I need someone to develop/tweak this module so that it is able to switch to an international shipping calculation when an overseas address is being entered.

Can anyone help me develop this module. It would be an extremely useful module for many Australian Prestashop users.

Manually entering, constantly changing shipping rates is not an efficient option and an error is still thrown up for international customers because the Aust post (when set to national) still kicks in and throws up an error.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody help?

All i seem to get is:

There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address!

I've installed the mod, but I didnt change the cart/order php files like it says ont he first page because the versions are different (1.1) and Im running prestashop 1.2.4

Anyone? :)

The cart and order php is necessary, so you wouldn't expect it to work without it. Also, the module may not work in 1,2.4. It was designed for 1.1. You could try adding the two files (save the original ones first) and then test it.

Hey Dave,

I tried that.. there must be some changes between versions because there's file size changes between the versions, but when i put the 1.1 php files in it just bugged out the checkout and caused it to open to a blank page then when i tried to reload it, it just looped...

Any other ideas?

Cheers mate!
Byt

OK, thats what i would have expected. I have been told there were some changes to the cart when it was upgraded. Bottom line, the module wont work. Two solutions. There is a group in here somewhere who are building a Austpost module. You could buy it from him. Second option is to wait for the author of this one (dtbaker) to upgrade. He is planning on doing some work on it in late November.

The third option is to use the manual carrier approach. Or, you could do what i did and that is use Presta 1.1 until another option turns up. The manual approach - though it takes some time the first time - is not a bad idea. At least your not caught out when the AUSTPOST site goes down.

Having said that, dtbakers module worked great for me. Only down side was lack of international shipping options.

• 1 month later...

I am just new to this forum and reading through currently all the post relevant for australian related content.

I am wondering if australia post and eway gateway post is now freely available or do I have to buy them?

I am looking for OS cart and I keep getting told Prestashop is good, easy to use and light on hosting server as compared to some of the other OS cart.

One of the challenge is that most of the other OS carts seem to have australian modules freely available and I in considering Prestashop I need to understand what the issues and challenges are still outstanding for use in australian environment.

I am looking at a small online business use but cannot afford to be down for look and need a good reliable cart.

Prestashop is very reliable, easy to use and adaptable. There are lots of free modules and they can all be manipulated to varying degrees. Australia doesn't have a lot of modules, but it doesnt need them. Beyond that there are several guys from Australia in here who will happily help you.

There is an AUST Post module, free, but no longer compatible with the latest prestahop. However, you can enter the information in manually and set up your own Austr Post Carrier which will work just like any other shipping module. That is what we have done and we ship world wide through Aust Post. There is another Aust Post module which you can buy. Do a search in here and you will soon find it.

Prestashop is by far the easiest, smartest and best looking cart i have found. I recommend it.

David,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how long you been using it and did you any coding background to use it?

Can I use and put a website together as I don't have any coding skills?

I am interested and the more I hear about this product I am thinking of not bothering with Zencart, Magento or even Interspire or X-cart which are licsned products.

The only think that worries me is that they based in Europe and wondering if support is acceptable and working for you?

i have been using it since April. I have no coding experience. i made dumb mistakes and it was a huge learning curve. But, the thing is, it is "learnable". The forums have been invaluable as a source of education.

If you look at my site you will see that it is not that different from the standard prestashop template but my customers love it. Its intuitive, easy to navigate and it works!

I have looked at the other carts and prestahop is by far the best. Its light, yet has plenty loads of resources both front end and back end and its highly configurable. Regarding support i have always got the help i need right here in the forums.

Give it a try.

Its a module found in your back office called Products Category v1.2.1. I simply changed the header to suite my store. On my home page you will see something similar at the top. Its a free module called MGC Carousel - its a free module which you can add on to the shop. Just Google it or search for it in the forum.

• 1 month later...

hey guys, sorry about the inactivity. busy developing software.

i found a bug in the aus post calcuator for people running in ONLY_WEIGHT mode.

on about line 299 of shippingauspost.php file look for this:

$final_quantity += $api_fields['Quantity'];

delete this line all together, and you'll be sweet :)

Hey David, great to see you about in prestashop again. What bug does this fix address? And, is this regarding the module for PS version 1.1.5 or for the new version 1.2.5?

Any plans to make the Aust Post Module capable of international shipping and domestic?

• 2 weeks later...

David come back!! please Is there any news for the aust post module, I don't even mine paying . Anyway, thank you for all your work. It would be great to have aust post.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David,

You doing a great job in ensuring people like me come back to use Prestashop through your contribution and advise. I have trailed a few other carts and still think Prestashop has more to offer. CS-Cart seems to have issues in the way it generates invoices even if the payment process fails..!!

1. Any update on austpost module for 1.2.5 and will that be compatible with 1.3.0?

2. Also, I have a simple question regarding display location of postcode.

How can I change or where do I change to position the postcode in the correct location for invoices & documents.

eg. at the moment using the default French setting, the postcode is display before the city, eg, 2000 Sydney, when it should be Sydney 2000.

Thanks David,

Had a look at this link. Looks all a bit too involved.

All I wish to do is reverse the postcode and city order so postcode is displayed after the City..surely these must be a file I go into to change to make this small modification?

Sorry, i was giving you more than you needed.

To change your pdf invoice (and this will only affect your pdf) you will need to replace information in your classes/pdf.php file with this code below. In my file its lines 370 to 420 or, from "display address information" to the /* - just before, "display order information".
Make a copy of your original pdf.php file before changing anything and then test this out. It includes subtle changes to the font and layout of the address as well as making it suitable for Australia post. It corrects the order of postcode and city/suburb.

Hope this works for you.

/* Display address information */
       $invoice_address = new Address(intval($order->id_address_invoice));
       $invoiceState = $invoice_address->id_state ? new State($invoice_address->id_state) : false;
       $delivery_address = new Address(intval($order->id_address_delivery));
       $deliveryState = $delivery_address->id_state ? new State($delivery_address->id_state) : false;
       $shop_country = Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_COUNTRY');

$width = 100;

$pdf->SetX(10);
       $pdf->SetY(25);
       $pdf->SetFont(self::fontname(), '', 9);
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, self::l('DELIVERY'), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, self::l('INVOICING'), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Ln(5);
       $pdf->SetFont(self::fontname(), '', 11);
       $pdf->Ln(1);

if (!empty($delivery_address->company) OR !empty($invoice_address->company))
       {
           $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $delivery_address->company), 0, 'L');
           $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $invoice_address->company), 0, 'L');
           $pdf->Ln(5);
       }
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $delivery_address->firstname).' '.Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $delivery_address->lastname), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $invoice_address->firstname).' '.Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $invoice_address->lastname), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Ln(5);
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $delivery_address->address1), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $invoice_address->address1), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Ln(5);
       if (!empty($invoice_address->address2) OR !empty($delivery_address->address2))
       {
           $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $delivery_address->address2), 0, 'L');
           $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $invoice_address->address2), 0, 'L');
           $pdf->Ln(5);
       }
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $delivery_address->city.' '.($deliveryState ? ' '.$deliveryState->name : '').'  '.$delivery_address->postcode), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $invoice_address->city.' '.($invoiceState ? ' '.$invoiceState->name : '').'  '.$invoice_address->postcode), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Ln(5);
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $delivery_address->country), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, Tools::iconv('utf-8', self::encoding(), $invoice_address->country), 0, 'L');
       $pdf->Ln(5);
       $pdf->Ln(1);
       $pdf->Cell($width, 10, $delivery_address->phone, 0, 'L');
       if (!empty($delivery_address->phone_mobile))
       {
           $pdf->Ln(5);
           $pdf->Cell($width, 10, $delivery_address->phone_mobile, 0, 'L');
       }

/*

• 1 month later...

I am new to prestashop and have a friend in the UK designing my prestashop site, however, we are at a loss on how to integrate the Australia Post postage calculator!If a module is complete and ready to use, please let me know. I am in Australia and so far have had to create new zones and had to use flat rate postage for each state. Very keen to know if there is an easier option available.

There is a guy in here called Steve who has an Austpost module that sounds good (not free). Do a search in Prestashop Forum. I used Another one by David Something-or-other and it was great - and free - but not compatible with latest version ,though he is promising to upgrade it.

In the end we just offered flat rate ship Aust-Wide and set up the shipping manually for Internationa Customers using Aust Post online guide to get our pricing.

The good thing is even though it took an hour to do, it never breaks down!

Many thanks! I have set up postage rates for each state at the moment, using the highest end of the scale within that state. I am hoping that will suffice for now. However, will look into those other suggestions you made to see if they will work better. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

G'day folks ...

We've had a Zen Cart shop for many years, and looking at Presta; is there an Australia Post module solution available for v1.3+ or is it a case of guessing at flat fee shipping until something is sorted?

Appreciate it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes, same here like to know if anyone is using this module or some other module as there aren't any reviews or comments on this if it actually works before I buy it?

thanks

I am writing an improved version for 1.4 right now, using all the nifty benefits of 1.4.
The current version will probably work in 1.4, but I will have a new one specific for 1.4 ready by the time 1.4 becomes officially released.

If you buy the1.3 version now, and want to upgrade your whole system to 1.4, send me an email and I will send you the 1.4 version for free...

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me on www.karni.net.au

• 1 month later...

@ Sylvester (or anyone else who can help!) - how did you fix the tax problem with the postage? I too am having difficulties, because I need to charge GST on my postage costs, but Prestashop only seems to have postage excluding tax! This is obviously a problem when it comes to issuing invoices, because the tax information is incorrect, and when it comes to tax time, it will be a real pain to try and sort out what's what :(

OK, so I've found the setting to indicate that a carrier should incur tax, but I'm still having problems. Even though I have "GST" selected for Australia Post, when I put the carrier prices in (excluding tax, as the page specifically tells me that "Prices are tax excluded"), they are used as inclusive of tax on the front end. That means that even though I have selected "GST" for my carrier, GST is not added on to the shipping charges, nor is it included in the shipping charges on the invoice! Any suggestions?

I am writing an improved version for 1.4 right now, using all the nifty benefits of 1.4.
The current version will probably work in 1.4, but I will have a new one specific for 1.4 ready by the time 1.4 becomes officially released.

If you buy the1.3 version now, and want to upgrade your whole system to 1.4, send me an email and I will send you the 1.4 version for free...

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me on www.karni.net.au

Hi nkarni,

Any update on how your aust post module update is progressing for ver 1.4 ? Very keen to find out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Having trouble with this module in the fact that it does not seem to take into account larger express post satchel services such as 3kg and the extra large 3kg bags. We ran a cart and it came out at $30 express via the module when we can post it for $13.05 Express 3kg Satchel according to the Auspost website?

Any news on this product since the last post on here from the developer in February 2011

Many thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I am new to PrestaShop and rely heavily on an Australia Post module.

I have come across from CubeCart and their Auspost module was awesome.

All I needed to do was enter a weight only for an item and it would calculate accurate postage costs from this and if the postage went over twenty kilograms it would automatically divide and recalculate.

I could also set a storewide handling charge to apply to each sale.

I have added a module that was recommend called Australia Post module (by Uti) but it is a nightmare and doesn't work properly.

Can someone please assist as this experience I am already regretting making the switch from CubeCart to Prestashop