Auspost Integration

Hi

I have been searching and find only one mention of someone thinking of doing something about the real-time integration with Auspost but nothing more than that.

I am interested in real-time shipping cost calculation with Auspost & wonder if there is any progress or work-arounds that folks are able to share their experience of.?

Please let me know.

I am thoroughly enjoying the configuration of Prestashop and am very excited about it's future. Well done all you guys who have developed this environment so far!

Thanks

Ally

• 3 weeks later...

I too am interested in any information on adding a Auspost shipping calculator to my website. This would allow me to charge lower rates to customers, making the customers happy. Rather then having to provide a buffer to the shipping rate, just so i don't get burnt on shipping.

Prestashop is great, its future will definely be very bright!

Please let me know about any progress in the creation of a real-time shipping cost calculator with Auspost for Prestashop.

• 1 month later...

Firstly .. I'm amazed at how quickly the PrestaTeam reply to issues here.
Especially considering this is FREE open source, not just open source
Good work PrestaTeam

I really need an AusPost module.

I Cant use PS without an AUSPOST module Im afraid. Unless there is some alternative that works.
Fixed Rate just dont cut the mustard.

Given that Australia was not even listed as a Country in PS out of the box,
(france is a long long way away...) I guess its not a priority..

Heaps better than osCommerce tho. Now if I could just get it to work...

• 4 weeks later...

Done, finished the module and seems to be working well.

The only down side is:
to get really accurate prices you have to go through and add "Width", "Height", and "Length" features to all your products.

Screenshots and instructions coming shortly.

Making another module that allows a "spreadsheet" style mass update of all your products.

This will help my clients quickly enter the width, weight, length, and height of all their products.
(these fields are required for Aus Post to calculate correctly)

Hi Katmatcreations,

Would be awesome to get a second tester. The "Mass Update" excel style plugin is finished, you are more than welcome to test that out.

!http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/mass_update.jpg!

Install instructions:
* Go the PrestaShop Modules page
* Click Add New Module
* Copy & Paste this url: http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/massupdate.tar
* Enter your admin password
* Click "Install this module"
* It should install with no probs
* Click install again next to "Mass Update" (in the Products section)
* Then click "Configure" to see the excel style product editor.

Alternatively, there is a zip that you can unpack manually into the "modules" directory: http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/massupdate.zip

Lemme know how it goes.

Instructions for setting up Australia Post shipping Calculator

Note: these instructions are for PrestaShop version 1.1 final only
Note: this really only works if you have a single Carrier listed, multi carrier support will come later
Note: these instructions involve modifying a small amount of core PrestaShop code - only proceed if you know what you are doing, and keep in mind that these instructions will need to be followed again each time you upgrade PrestaShop (until PrestaShop provides a different way of setting this up)

# Install the Australia Post module:
## Login as admin to PrestaShop and go to the Modules tab
## Click "Add a new module"
## Copy and Paste this url into the box: http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/shippingauspost.tar
## Enter your admin password
## Click "Install this module"
## (if you get errors here, i've probably moved the file, so hunt down my new blog)
## The module should install, and you should see it in the "Shipping" module block on that page.
# Modify some PrestaShop code:
## This is the technical part. Make a backup of everything before continuing.
## There are two files you need to modify: order.php and classes/Cart.php
## To make it easier, I have linked these two files below
## Simply "Save As" these files over the top of your ones (make a backup of the old ones first!)
## http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/Cart_php.txt
## http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/order_php.txt
## Thats it! Your done, no more code modifications necessary!
# Setting up the correct Width, Height, Length, and Weight for all your products
## Urgh - well it turns out Australia Post needs the Width, Height, Length, and Weight to give an accurate shipping price. So we need to add these to all the products.
## First go into "Catalog" and click the "Features" sub menu item up the top
## Make sure you have a Width, Height, and Length feature listed here, example:
## !http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/auspost3.jpg!
### Feature measurement units:
#### You will notice I have "(cm)" written next to my features.
#### You can have either "(cm)" or "(mm)" written here.
#### "(mm)" is the default option if you don't specify anything here
#### Make sure you enter all your widths, heights and lengths in the correct units, otherwise u'll get wrong prices
#### The shipping calculator will automatically convert everything to "mm" before sending it to Aus Post for calculations.
#### :)
## Note: if you want a quick way to update all your widths, heights, weights, and lengths from a single page (instead of going through each product one by one) please have a look at my Mass Update module (previous post), screenshot:
## !http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/mass_update.jpg!
# Enabling the Australia Post module (YEY finally)
## Jump back to the modules screen in admin
## Scroll down until you see the Australia Post module:
## !http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/auspost1.jpg!
## Click the "Install" button, and then click the "> > Configure" button
## You will now see the Australia Post settings:
## !http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/auspost2.jpg!
## Here it is important to enter your post code, aka: the post office where you go to post items from.
## Feel free to increase/decrease the days or change the service type
## "STANDARD" is only what my customers use, so there's no option to change this during checkout, just yet :)
## Click "Save settings" and your done!!
## Do a few dummy orders and watch the Australia Post magic happen, yeww:
## !http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/auspost4.jpg!

I'll post all this stuff up on my new blog, it's a few weeks away.
Please let me know if you have any problems.

Paypal donations =)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=dtbaker@gmail.com&item_name=PrestaShop-AusPost&currency_code=AUD

Seems to be working brilliantly!

However the mass updater crashed FireFox, but that may have been something I did. I didn't enter every value for every product because I was in too much of a hurry and wanted to see the AusPost module do it's thing.......Something to do with having 376 products in my store. ;)

I will get motivated in the next few days and update all my products and see how it goes.

Thanks for an awesome module!

An update - It appears that my store now displays prices without tax, despite the option being set to not to display ex-tax prices on the product pages.

Also, when I entered multiple quantities, it charged me multiple shipping charges. Almost every order we take is a multiple purchase, often up to 100 products in a single order. The multiple shipping charges may be something I haven't set right in the features. I will investigate further and report back if I find the problem.

I've made a few adjustments to my previous post, it was late and I forgot to include a few minor things. =)
Mainly:
* this will only work at the moment if you have a single Carrier (eg: Australia Post, as in the screenshot) you set this Carrier up like any old normal Carrier in Prestashop.
* there is 1 more file to modify (order.php) so that the delay delivery gets displayed correctly.
* to simplify things, I've just included the two modified files above, instead of instructions on how to modify them.

If the user has 5 products in their shopping cart, it will go through and work out the Australia Post delivery cost for each individual product and then add them all together.
If you need this to work differently (ie: adding the total widths, heights, lenghts, and/or weights before calculating the Aus Post price) please let me know.

An update - It appears that my store now displays prices without tax, despite the option being set to not to display ex-tax prices on the product pages.

Did this happen straight after installing the Aus Post module? Do these prices display incorrectly in the checkout process, or just the product page? The Aus Post code shouldn't mess with the individual product prices, just the overall shipping price.

Also, when I entered multiple quantities, it charged me multiple shipping charges. Almost every order we take is a multiple purchase, often up to 100 products in a single order. The multiple shipping charges may be something I haven't set right in the features. I will investigate further and report back if I find the problem.

Would you be able to send me the current process involved in calculating your shipping prices, I can see what I can do with the module.

I'm going to check out how eBay does it. Probably end up making a "packaging options" section in the module config.
ie:
Ability to setup 5 or so shipping container sizes (satchel, box, or tube)
That way if you have 50 small items, instead of calculating the individual shipping price of each item, we work out that all 50 items will fit into a box, and calculate the shipping price of that box.

That sounds like a better way to do things.

Did this happen straight after installing the Aus Post module? Do these prices display incorrectly in the checkout process, or just the product page? The Aus Post code shouldn't mess with the individual product prices, just the overall shipping price.

The prices are ex-tax both on the product page and during checkout. I haven't done many mods, and I only noticed it after I installed the AusPost module.

Would you be able to send me the current process involved in calculating your shipping prices, I can see what I can do with the module.

I don't have PrestaShop online at the moment, postage being one reason. I am currently using OsCommerce which calculates it very well.

Due to the nature of our store, we need multiple products shipping to be calculated. I think the OsCommerce module I am using ignores the size and only uses the weight for calculation purposes, as we don't have sizes entered as attributes at the minute.

Edit: Tax problem now fixed. It was a zone setting that was changed. :(

Due to the nature of our store, we need multiple products shipping to be calculated. I think the OsCommerce module I am using ignores the size and only uses the weight for calculation purposes, as we don't have sizes entered as attributes at the minute.

Ok that's possible, I've added a new option.

If you would like to try this out please re-install the Aus post module, to do so follow these steps:

* Login to admin, go to modules
* Click "uninstall" next to Australia Post
* Click "Add new module"
* Enter this url: http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/shippingauspost.tar
* Enter your admin password
* Click "install this module"
* Now click "Install" again next to "Australia Post"
* Click the ">>configure" link
* You will see a few new settings
* Change Calculate_Mode to ONLY_WEIGHT
* This will calculate the final weight of an order, and work out the shipping price based on this.
* You can also set default Weight, Width, Height, and Length for the products that don't have them individually set, could be handy if all your products are roughly the same dimensions.

Lemme know if that give more osCommerce style results..

Cheers,
Dave

I have installed it, but haven't got time to play with it. I'll be away until Sunday unfortunately.

Just the quick play I did appears that it wants to charge me a maximum of $2.00 shipping (to the same postcode as I am sending it from) for either 2 or 500 x 160 gram items. 1 item in my cart and it wants to charge me $1.00 shipping. Don't take this as being 100% correct though because I have t go through and check to make sure everything is set right - Out of time.

Thanks again. I can see it will get there in the end and be awesome!

cool cool,
you can check out the "ps_shippingauspost_cache" table in your prestashop database to see what quantites, weights, etc.. are getting used in the calculation.
feel free to post them here / email if it's still causing issues.

To dtbaker

I tried to test your massupdate. However after I changed the price for a product then click save all my product. It just keep saying updating please wait... for long time there is nothing happened. I checked the price but it is still unchanged. Is it something wrong with database updating codes?

I am looking forward to any help!

Thank you

It just keep saying updating please wait... for long time there is nothing happened.

how many products do you have?
i've tested it with about 70 products, worked fine and took about 15 seconds.

It just keep saying updating please wait... for long time there is nothing happened.

how many products do you have?
i've tested it with about 70 products, worked fine and took about 15 seconds.

Thanks for reply quickly. I didn't input any product yet. They are all the default products (such ipod, macbook) in prestashop 1.1. They are just a few.

It's not resonding at all.

Thanks in advance

cool cool,
you can check out the "ps_shippingauspost_cache" table in your prestashop database to see what quantites, weights, etc.. are getting used in the calculation.
feel free to post them here / email if it's still causing issues.

Back from my weekend away........And the gremlins have been into my store!
I am now getting a hack attempt due to "no default carrier". I have uninstalled the module and re-installed it several times in an attempt to fix the problem, but it refuses to work now. Note that I DID remove a carrier that I created. I named it Australia Post. I am wondering if this is causing me problems? I have no carriers now......Is that right???

Also, I did look at the ps_shippingauspost_cache at the weights etc. It had 3 entries. 1 had an invalid width and the other 2 both returned "charge = 4.2", length was 350, height was 3 and width was 250. The weights were 250 and 75. Height is 3 because that's how thick our products are normally. And length and width would be correct for a MM measurement. From memory, I played with the weights to see what difference that made to the shipping.

Let me know if I can help further. :)

Hey Sylvester,

Yup you need 1 (and only 1 at the moment) carrier. You can name it whatever you like, Australia Post will do.
(future versions will support multiple carriers)
The aus post module simply overwrites all the settings for the configured carrier.

Do you know how much it should be charging? and how much it differs from what gets calculated?

Had a quick look at Aus Post website, it gave me $1.50'ish for posting a letter of that size, or $5'ish for express:
http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_letter.asp

You could try changing "Service_Type" to ECONOMY in the aus post config, not sure how that affects prices. Might do the trick tho.

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Sylvester,

Yup you need 1 (and only 1 at the moment) carrier. You can name it whatever you like, Australia Post will do.
(future versions will support multiple carriers)
The aus post module simply overwrites all the settings for the configured carrier.

Do you know how much it should be charging? and how much it differs from what gets calculated?

Had a quick look at Aus Post website, it gave me $1.50'ish for posting a letter of that size, or $5'ish for express:
http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_letter.asp

You could try changing "Service_Type" to ECONOMY in the aus post config, not sure how that affects prices. Might do the trick tho.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave.
OK, I uninstalled it all again, including my carrier. Then I added a new carrier (Which was made default carrier automatically). Then I re-installed the module and set it up to my post code and left all other settings at their default settings. I added something to my cart and the hack attempt was fixed.

The problem now is that everything is free post! I have looked in the DB and it shows that the charge = 4.2, days = 1 & err msg = ok. Width, height, length & weight are as per the modules setting, not the products settings (100, 100, 100, 200).

I think the postage for an item like I am adding to my cart should be $4.20, which is what shows in the DB. It appears that the postage rates are being returned correctly from AusPost, but not being displayed correctly in the store. I set the "fee" in shipping for Oceania to $5.50 and the store then displayed $5.50 as the postage charge. I obviously have something set wrong, but I don't know what.

I'll keep playing for now.

Cheers.

Dwane.

Hi Sylvester,

I'm getting the same problem as you. I checked my db table "ps_shippingauspost_cache" and it appears the correct numbers are appearing under "charge=5.4..." when I buy one item. When buying multiple items though, I get error messages such as "err_msg=Item girth outside valid..." using the default Apple items in the default store but I had altered the weights, dimensions to test different outputs.

What appears to be happening is that the AustPost shipping module isn't overriding the postage prices. I have set "Handling Fees" to $1 and "Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges" to $2. When I process my purchase as a buyer, the final postage cost is $3. While looking at the code (in my own amateurish way) I could see that the "Handling Fees" and "Fees by carrier, geographical zone, and ranges" were appended to the calculated shipping cost afterwards.

I tried to put in some test stubs to test the output of $shipping_cost after it takes on the value of $hook_return but it came back as nothing? Perhaps I did it wrong???

I hope this info helps you dtbaker! :)

Regards,

Rick

Hi Rick,

I ended up modifying the code myself and have managed to get it almost working. A lot depends on your setup for store weight units and the features settings. I am using ONLY_WEIGHT in my attempt to get it working.

Where I am at now is that if I add ONLY 1 of a given product to my cart, it works 100%. And if I add 100 of ONLY 1 product, it works 100%. My problems start when I add more than 1 product. I get an error "invalid weight parameter". Given that I'm NOT a PHP programmer, I am not surprised that it doesn't work.

Also, I am not using the order.php file supplied by dtbaker as I found that it wouldn't work at all using that file. I used the original file which dtbaker posted, which was then removed when he posted the updated installation instructions.

There is some commented lines in the 2 .php files which you can un-comment to see the return values from the database cache records. I did this (And also created a few more) to help me get to where I am at now.

And, I have no zones set and only 1 carrier. I would also suggest removing the handling charge until you get it sorted out. I found it only caused more confusion when trying to get it all working. I also found it easier to have the same delivery postcode as sending postcode because it will only ever give a maximum of $7.20 charge for up to 20kg.

My store isn't live (using PrestaShop anyway!), so I can sit and fiddle as time allows. I want to get it right before going live. I am currently using OsCommerce for my live store and the AusPost module hasn't let me down. It has always been accurate and it it also uses the same method of acquiring shipping prices as this module does, so I am sure that these bugs will get sorted and this will be a great module. :)

Anyway, I hope that helps. If you want the mods I did to the files, let me know and I will send you the files. But they aren't 100% working at this stage.

Cheers.

Dwane.

Hi everyone!

The reason you were all getting FREE shipping is because of my simple little whoopsie in Cart.php :)

I had a piece of code that made aus post work ONLY from my IP address, this is so I could test it on clients websites before making it go live. I forgot to remove this piece of code after doing the last round of updates! bugger.

Anywho I have removed this silly piece of code, you can now update your classes/Cart.php with this file:
http://dtbaker.com.au/code/prestashop/Cart_php.txt
or just remove the if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDRESS'] .... code on line 730, and the } on line 742

Just tried this on a fresh prestashop install, and it gave me shipping prices back from Aus Post correctly.

If someone has a working osCommerce setup, it would be great to get a comparison on shipping prices for similar products. It should be the same because they both get the prices from Aus Post, just gotta be sure.

Let me know if you find any more bugs.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave.

I have just installed your new file and restored the order.php (as provided by yourself in an earlier post) and have a problem. It throws an error when the weight is over 20Kg's (Australia Post's weight limit). We often ship over 20Kg's. One recent order was 47Kg's. Can it be made to split an order into parts if the weight is over 20Kg's?

However, I am still having trouble with adding more than 1 product to my cart. For example, I added 10 of product 1 and it was OK. I then added 10 of product 2, and it threw an error. The weight should be 0.160Kg each for product 1 (1.6Kg total for 10) and 0.375Kg each for product 2 (Total 3.75Kg's) which gives a grand total of 5.35Kg's. However, the error in the DB is 'invalid weight parameter' and the weight is 39500 (grams?).

Any clues as to what's going on with that? I don't think I have changed any other files that would affect it.

Also, is there anywhere in PrestaShop where we can enter a packaging weight? I can't find anywhere. :(

Cheers.

Dwane.

Edit: If I add 1 x product 2 (375 grams) the weight shows correctly in the cache. Then if I add 1 x product 1 (160 grams) the weight displays in the cache as 1070 grams. Then if I remove product 2 (375 grams), the cache shows a weight of 160 grams which is correct. It's doing something freaky when I have more than 1 product in my cart, however works fine (Up to 20kg's!) if I have multiples of a single product.

Hope that help you Dave?

Dwane,

That kind of sounds like when you're adding a second item, its multiplying the total number of products by the total weight of the two products. What weight do you get when you add a third product?

Dwane,

That kind of sounds like when you're adding a second item, its multiplying the total number of products by the total weight of the two products. What weight do you get when you add a third product?

I added 1 x product 3 @ 180 grams and the cache returned 3750 grams. I am guessing your right. Do you have the same problem??

I did a fresh installation with dtbaker's code.

I cleared my Mozilla cache.

I added 3 x Product A @ 2.5kg. The ps_shippingauspost_cache shows the Length, Width, Height and Weight as if it were still one item. The postage cost appears in the cache_result>charge as the cost of 1 item's postage multiplied by 3.

I also noticed in that when I use the massupdater to configure my items, the Price of each item appears to increment by its original value. Hence, if I "Save all my products" many times, the cost of the Ipod Nano is ~$4000 :)

Did you get that too?

I did a fresh installation with dtbaker's code.

I cleared my Mozilla cache.

I added 3 x Product A @ 2.5kg. The ps_shippingauspost_cache shows the Length, Width, Height and Weight as if it were still one item. The postage cost appears in the cache_result>charge as the cost of 1 item's postage multiplied by 3.

Did you set the Calculate_Mode to ONLY_WEIGHT in the Aus Post module? It sounds like it may be set to INDIVIDUAL.

I am yet to play with the mass updater much, so I can't really say what happens with it at the minute.

Yes, it was set to INDIVIDUAL. I tried it with ONLY_WEIGHT aswell. The only difference is that in the ps_shippingauspost_cache it uses the default set Length, Height, Width which is right.

Either way, I still get the same total postage cost. 3 items' postage = 3 x single item postage.

(I tell you what though, its starting to look a lot better than yesterday! :P)

Yes found a bug with the ONLY_WEIGHT mode.

At the moment it is just adding all the weights together, and asking aus post for a price right at the end.
This fails because of the 20kg limit.

So, this needs to put products into groups of 20kg's (or less) and calculate shipping on each "group" of products?
Then add all the shipping prices together at the end.

If someone enters a single shopping cart item that weighs more than 20kg, what should happen? Throw an error saying Aus post cant handle 20kg?

Cheers

I have added two of the same item weighing 2.5kg into the cart using ONLY_WEIGHT. Ps_shippingauspost_cache shows:

Full Texts id_cache cache_time cache_result Pickup_Postcode Destination_Postcode Country Weight Service_Type Length Width Height Quantity

79 1236814416 charge=32.8 days=4 err_msg=OK 2121 6000 AU 2500 STANDARD 100 100 100 2

The actual cost is actually 16.40 for a single postage of that item. With the quantity of two, does this mean that the actual cost is derived then multiplied by the quantity of 2?

Perhaps if we added the total weight of all the products in cart then calculated that postage with a quantity of 1, then we would derive the correct postage amount?

Cheers,
Rick

Perhaps if we added the total weight of all the products in cart then calculated that postage with a quantity of 1, then we would derive the correct postage amount?

:) it should do doing it like that now. hopefully.. :-/ ..
ill be able to look at any more issues tomorrow, over and out

If someone enters a single shopping cart item that weighs more than 20kg, what should happen? Throw an error saying Aus post cant handle 20kg?

Hi Dave,

I added some products to my cart and it all worked wonderfully up until 20Kg's (As expected at this stage). I had multiples of several products, so that side of things is all good apart from the 20Kg limit.

Then I emptied my cart and changed one of my products weights to 20.001Kg's. And then added that product into my cart and it threw an error instantly. I actually get an alert box at that point that says this:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product.

Details:
Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]
Text status: parsererror

Anyways, the cache shows the standard 'Invalid weight parameter' error message. I am not sure how the OsCommerce module did it, however it has split large packages for me in the past.

Also, is there any chance of adding a section in the configuration for the AustPost module for a packing weight? OsCommerce has a packing tare weight which is added to the weight of the products in the cart. It's just that our packaging weights can often put us in the next postage charge range.

Anyways, excellent work! Thanks for your efforts. :)

Cheers.

Dwane.

Hi Dwane,

When no one is logged into your cart, does the correct postage show up? Or do you have to wait until you login as a customer before the correct postage shows up?

Regards,

Rick

When no one is logged into your cart, does the correct postage show up? Or do you have to wait until you login as a customer before the correct postage shows up?

Hi Rick,

I just logged out of the store and added an item to my cart and the shipping was $0.00. This I would suspect is normal behavior given that PrestaShop doesn't know where it is sending the items. And you can't buy without signing in.

Then, I logged back in (Still with the item in my cart) and the shipping was still $0.00, however once I started to go through checkout, it corrected the shipping.

So, to me it all looks to be working fine. Are you having problems?

Cheers.

Dwane.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason when I have it set to ONLY_WEIGHT I can no longer add a product to my cart. It throws up a warning saying: Technical error unable to add the product

See the picture below.

Peter

6550_bFO1AoPcyYXqrQnmjVEP_t

For some reason when I have it set to ONLY_WEIGHT I can no longer add a product to my cart. It throws up a warning saying: Technical error unable to add the product

See the picture below.

Peter

From what I can gather, it throws this error when there is an issue with the weight of the products. I have had this numerous times for this reason.

Check your carrier and weight setup and make sure your items aren't being interpreted at being over 20Kg's each. One way is to check in MyPHPAdmin and check the shipping cache section. The weight will be shown in one of the columns and should be under 20000 (grams).

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

For some reason when I have it set to ONLY_WEIGHT I can no longer add a product to my cart.

Are you using the AJAX add to cart feature?
Try turning this off so it goes back to oldschool add to cart, it should then show any error messages on the screen.

Haven't tested this with ajax add to cart, but it should work the same.

Got some free time late next week, hopefully do a little more cleanup/features on the code.

• 2 months later...

Hmmmmm.. you could *try* having the first carrier as "Australia Post", then a second carrier as "UK Post" (or whatever).

No guarantees, have not tried this Aus Post module with more than 1 carrier, from memory it should only mess with the first installed carrier. So if your first installed carrier is setup to handle aussie customers, and the second one is setup for customers in UK, then it /might/ work.

Let me know if it doesn't and i'll dig into the code again.

Ok, so this is what i did.

I installed a second carrier. called it "international" manually set the pricing and zones.

Then went to my shop, ordered product. When i put in my address as a UK address, both carriers came up - excellent - and i could choose my international option (which ultimately means Aust post anyway, since that's how i will send it).

But here is where the problem occurred. Once i punch in the UK address and click next i get an error message running up and down the background of my page saying that it is unable to calculate standard shipping and that i should go back.

However, if i ignore this ugly message and go on to hit "pay by paypal" the transaction proceeds with the correct (manually entered) International shipping costs and the whole thing works.

So the only problem is this ugly error message which pops up once it registers the UK address (which is enough to turn the buyer off since it instructs him to go back and start again).

I am so close, i can smell the victory. How can i prevent this error message - which seems to occur because the Aust Post Module kicks in to do its thing and can't.

Hello all I really need help I tried to install that module but it does not do anything to mew can someone tell me how to have it to work as I am located in Australia and that will be great... I must admit I might not know how to setup the shipping!!!

THANK you

Ok!!! I wish to have it working as it will save my life.

First I have downloaded and installed the files recoomended by DTBAker the latest version of the module and also order.php and cart.php

I followed the instructions on how to setup for weight only and the location of my postcode. I have created one carrier only. australia post.

I think where I am losing it is when it come to setup shipping cost and so on but it seems that it does not calculate anything with the module.

www.frozzie.com/eshop1

Thank you very much for anyone who can help me to have it working!!

Peti,

i registered at your site (please delete me- malleeblue.com). And I was able to go through the process to paypal without a hitch. Not sure what would happen to my postage fee if i chose COD though.

The module calculated my shipping without any problem.

Yes it does calculate shipping fees but they are not the one from Australia post....they are the one I did setup and this is not correct I still do not understand how it will work...

Yes the site is nearly finished just need to do the shipping and then import my products so if someone can let me know how I can do to have that module austpost working that will be great....

In order for the module to work you must not have any other modules happening. At least to begin with. So, if you are using some other shipping method (like a manually entered one) you will need to disable it.

Then establish a new carrier call it Aust post" - then - if you have uploaded the Aust post module into your module folder it will appear in the Modules tab under shipping. Configure it and it will automatically link to the carrier you created.

If you are happy to have postage calculated by weight (which ihave found works perfectly for me) then...

go to carriers. Disable all carriers.
create a new carrier - call it what you want.
configure the handling charges and ensure you have selected "billing according to total weight"
free shipping starts at... - enter 0 (zero) if you are not offering free shipping

then,

Unzip and upload aust post module folder (should only be one folder with a few files in it) to modules folder (ftp)
go to modules tab in back office
look for Aust Post under shipping
install and then configure.
make sure you have chosen how you want pricing calculated (Calculate mode). I use weight only and it works really well.
go and test it in your shop.

If this doesn't work, the you need to work out at which point you most likely dropped the ball so that you get more specific help.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help...ok so you mean that I need to disable everything in the shipping as I did not know I created that australia post...

Do I need to uninstall thew module and reinstall it?

uninstall module.

Disable all carriers (or remove them altogether if you can live without them).
Create new carrier and it will automatically be the default (call it Australia Post)

Install Aust Post in your modules section.

Configure the module

Make sure that if you have selected "weight only" that your products actually do have a weight. If they don't, give one a weight and then test it out. Remember that nothing will show up in your shipping until you have given the web site your address - only then can it calculate the rate.

I tried to delete the carrier but it would not let me saying I needed to have one carrier...

So, just disable it (under carriers) or else create a new one and then delete the others.

Thanks to all of you for your help but it did not work for me!!

First I did follow advice and created a new carriers and deleted other one and of course uninstall and install the modules.

somebody mentioned a web address to enter??? where to. anyway it still does not work at all for me.

I have no idea. Why... is that something that I will need to update in the order.php or cart.php

Thanks again for all your help I am losing my head other that one...

Sorry i cant help you more. Its hard to know at what point you made an error (if you made one at all!) You may have to do what i did - go through each page on this topic and set it up slowly.....

it does work. Sometimes you forget some simple thing and its not until you read through the forum that you pick it up.

Good Luck

Starting to drive me insane...

I have uninstall the modules
disable the carriers and created a new one
delted the old carrier
it is asking to setup the australia Post as the defaults one
installed the module
configured the module...

and still no luck.

can someone maybe resend me all files I might be missing something in the cart or order php

I can tell you that this shipping thing is one of the few reamining things I need to do and it is not fun!

Thanks for all your help and support

And alos I am going to the end of the process by slecting my address I made sure that my product did have a weight of 10kg so it will give me a price but nothing the only thing I get is my handling fee.

Thanks a lot~~~ I have managed to delete the carriers I am going to start again and will use yours ... I had mine setup for all zones... That might be the issue. Will keep you updated in 5 minutes!!!

If you are using firefox, be sure to go tools, clear private data - or whatever the equivalent is in another browser. Its important to refresh you browser and clear out old junk when making changes to the prestashop front end.

Thank you very much for your help...it still does not calculate or add postage the only price is the 1$ for handling.

I really don't know what to do
I tried to make sure I added a new product with weight

losing it losing it!!!

Its a long shot, but,

Have you installed the latest version (found somewhere among these 6 pages?
Does the module appear in your check out process?
Have you entered an address in order for it to calculate the postage?
Is the module competing with any manually configured shipping charges?
Are you getting any error messages?

Plus,

Nothing in price ranges or weight ranges page

Got anything in free shipping? If you don't want to offer it, then ensure there is a zero in both boxes?
Oceania Zone only
Australia as default country?

Yes for the modules I realoaded the latest version on page 4 or 5. I am not so sure I have the latest order.php and cart despite trying to download the latest one,

At check out thre is nothing comming except Australia Post and accept conditions.

I have given you the link for the front shop
Yes australia is the default country and Oceania only is ticked...

Weird nothing setup since I have before dleted all other carriers

i am unsure why you are downloading the "latest cart.php and order.php". Why? and where are you getting these files from? I don't recall needing to do this. I simply used the default cart and order.php - at least, i think i did.

In previous post Dtbaker said that in order to work we needed to upload a new file. order.php and cart.php otherwise it will not work which is what I have done as well as uploading the aushipping modules. I had tried everything to have that working as I have nearly completed the design of my site but postage needs to be sorted out

I understand your situation. i am at the same point, though my shipping is working. Why don't you try downloading just the latest module, without the change in order.php and cart.php?

I dont recall doing anything to those files. Worth a try???

In fact, i would definitely try it since the updated module was produced after the cart.php update, so page 4 should be the most up to date version. I suggest you go back to original cart and oder files, then re-install post module.... and maybe have some water so you don't dehydrate!!!! I understand your frustration.

I have reinstall the original files. No luck...Starting to really got annoyed.

I have done that this morning using my FTP deleting reloading the latest tar file...

So I am going to delted via ftp and try again and again but really I do not understand why it does not work with me.

you know what I deleted the module via ftp...
reinstalled the latest unzipped tar file and reload it using ftp... it keeps my setting?

the postal code etc... weird but then deleted again remove and only ftp the folder for shipping without the tar one...and then it is back to the original settings I will try try try again!!

I have tried again and folowed instructions. Still nothing happening for me.

again and VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I think I got it to work...mind you I still need to see if that is correct with Australia post but at least it does something!!!! Thank you so much