Prestashop 1,7 chmod problem

Hello,

I'am here bacause I'm looking for an e-commerce CMS for my shop, and after testing some my choice is Prestashop 1,7. I run it on my VPS which is based on Debian 9, Apache 2,4 and PHP 7,0. Unfortunatelly I have some chmod problems after installing it. For the installation process I have set all the chmod to 777. After installing Prestashop I set them to 750 for directories and 640 for files. After this Prestashop works fine for some minutes, but then it generates only blank pages or HTTP 500 error on some devices (smartphones). Server errorlog indicates that many of Prestashop directories should have write permissions to work properly. I have changed chmod to 760 for those directories listed in server errorlog, but it still generates blank pages. Site works fine only with 770 chmod for all Prestashop directories, but it is to risky in my opinion to give server both write and execute permissions.

Prestashop is placed in: /var/www/prestademo

Owner of the prestademo directory is system (non-root) user and the group is www-data.

When I enable debugging mode backoffice works fine, but at the homepage I get the error:

IOException in Minify.php line 423: The file "/var/www/prestademo/themes/classic/assets/cache/theme-d7ae864.css" could not be opened for writing. Check if PHP has enough permissions.

Can someone help me configuring it?

• 1 month later...