Admin area not accessible post-install

Hi,

I cannot access the admin area after installing the latest version, 1.7.3, on a CentOS 7- 64-bit local machine, with php ver 7.2 and mySql version 5.72 with Apache 2.46 and SELinux enabled...and temporarily disabled.

I get the 500 error. Upon inspecting the apache log files, I get: [with SELinux on]

[Tue Apr 03 11:58:56.287489 2018] [php7:error] [pid 1379] [client 192.168.x.x:40290] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of AdminDashboardControllerCore::setMedia() must be com$
[Tue Apr 03 11:58:56.290694 2018] [php7:error] [pid 1379] [client 192.168.x.x:40290] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\FatalErrorException:$

The page is blank in FireFox but not in Chrome. In the latter I get the 500 error message.

Now if I set SELinux to off and also enable debugging in config/defines.inc, then I get this error:

---------------
Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

1/1 FatalErrorException in AdminDashboardController.php line 539: Compile Error: Declaration of AdminDashboardControllerCore::setMedia() must be compatible with AdminControllerCore::setMedia($isNewTheme = false)

1. in AdminDashboardController.php line 539 

--------------------

Any working solutions/ideas, please?

thanks.

Edited by Enrique22 (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, bellini13 said:

Don't use PHP v7.2, use PHP 7.0 or 7.1

Hi,
Thank you.

Simple question: why?
In the documentation [= system requirements ] it does not say that ver 1.7.3 has got issues with php 7.2 and/or we have not ironed out all the problems/undocumented features, aka, bugs, as yet?
I would be quite happy to try free software as a guinea pig; as long as I was informed about some limitations in advance.

Going back to a previous version of a critical component, just to get one app working, means spending hours and hours fine tuning other bits that hang on this development machine.  Would you be prepared to do that as a guinea pig?

best regards.

i changed my PHP v7.2 to PHP 7.0.

using prestashop ver 1.7.3 and there was no failure on the installation,

but i cann't login to the ADMIN- Backend.. (Error 404)

deleted the folders install & docs

changed the admin folder name..

using https

please HELP

Edited by Hendan (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, bellini13 said:

PHP 7.2 was literally released a couple of weeks ago, it is too new and Prestashop code is not designed to work with it yet

Hi there,

Thank you.
I came to the same conclusion as well. However, Prestashop people should have pointed this out and/or pay a little bit of attention to these questions.
As a matter of interest, if you go to the Zencart download page, you will see a note to that effect.
I have now removed all traces of php72u and installed 71u and everything seems to be working as it should.
[... now how to tame SELinux...]

thanks again.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...