Prestashop Version 1.3.2

As long as you make a backup of your v1.3.1 files and database in case anything goes wrong, it should be safe for you to upgrade. I've upgraded my PrestaShop store to v1.3.2. There's nothing new except bug fixes. I just uploaded the modified files and the installer, then ran installer to upgrade my database to PrestaShop v1.3.2. It worked fine, though I had to reapply some of the modifications I've made to my site.

I'm running Prestashop 1.3.1 in my store, and I have customized some modules .php and .tpl files ander the modules directory and also modified eg. these files:

Root
- contact-form.php
- order.php
- cart.php

Classes
- Adress.php
- Links.php
- Tools.php
- Product.php

Config
- settings.inc.php
- smarty.config.inc.php

Now the bad thing about it, is that I made the changes to the original version files following my needs and the answers found in this forum. The store works great by now, but I'm very afraid that something will go wrong when I update to 1.3.2 without changing these files again. What would be the safest way to update? Is it safe if I copy all these files to the new version after update? or do I have to compare each of these files with the new ones and merge the content??

I guess probably most of the reasons for the custom files where solved perhaps in this new version, so maybe after update I'll have to test first and then see if the custom files are needed.

One change that I remember was done to the registration form, I added telephone as obligatory, is this corrected in the new version?

Please tell me your opinions, I will wait to update until I get a clear image on this issue.

Of those files you mentioned, the following have been changed:

Root
- contact-form.php
- order.php

Classes

- Link.php
- Tools.php
- Product.php

Config

- smarty.config.inc.php

So you don't have to worry about overwriting cart.php or classes/Address.php, but changes have been made to all the other files, so you will have to compare the v1.3.1 and v1.3.2 files and merge the changes with your own. The file config/settings.inc.php will be automatically upgraded by the installer. Unfortunately, the following code has been added to the top of all the module PHP files, so you'll need to add it (as well as any other modifications) to your module files.