Availability:The product does not exist in this model. Please choose another.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just resolved the "NON EXISTING" problem.

The NON-Availability will show up if the product combination doesnt exist in the combinations area of prestashop.

FOR EXAMPLE: if on the front end of Prestashop, the product shows a "size", "colour" and "material" check down box with each selection making up a combination of size -> "regular" colour -> "blue" material -> "silk"

Then:

in the combinations section the attributes making up the combination for the product must have a combination of size -> "regular" colour -> "blue" material -> "silk"

The product must exist with this combination otherwise "Non Availability."

Thanks Prestashop team.... the system is a great piece of art!

Now the photos change on combination selection beautifully!

• 4 weeks later...

Newcomer,

I need your help with this one. I have read and re-read the solution to this thread, but can't seem to get it through my thick skull on how to rectify my "Availability:The product does not exist in this model. Please choose another" issue.

This is what I'm trying to do..

1. I have created a product called "14k Flip Flop / Sandal with Fire Inlay". See "14k product' attachment.
2. Navigating to the "Combinations" tab within the "14k Flip Flop / sandal with Fire Inlay product", I created two groups "Precious Metal" and "Inlay". This is because i want the consumer to be able to select a different precious metal type and select what inlay they want, and have the price change reflected accordingly. Only changing the "Precious Metal" type would affect the price, the "Inlay" has no bearing on the price.
3. I added a "14k Pink Gold" combination (see attachment "14k Pink Gold Combination") and would be exactly the same price as the 14k Gold product.
4. Cannot get any price or add to cart button to display, only the "Availability:The product does not exist in this model. Please choose another" message.

http://www.goldgalleon.com/product.php?id_product=11

Thanks in advance for any help on this :-(

15877_ZH9kjjGOlCXdtSsAIpag_t

15878_Ix51xo1SWPHnds0GB0hy_t

• 6 months later...
If you are using the combinations generator, then perhaps there is a javascript error on your page.

Posting the URL for the product in question here will help, and also mention your PS version

I already use the combinations generator. I checked my local version and its working, must be rights or something in the server i'll check it out.

For the URL you can check my site here ... http://sendalimut.com/sendal-imut/17-hati.html and its using 1.3.1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

PROBLEM SORTED.

Pretty annoying, just took a bit of trial and error.

Here's a set of instructions.

- Go to the product.

- Click on the combinations tab.

- Make all your different combinations and whatnot.

- Experience this problem.

- Then click on "Product Combinations generator" (just under the tabs)

- Make sure all your combinations are correct and then click "generate".

BANG, DONE.

Was having same issue - all products with combinations were displaying message ""The product does not exist in this model. Please choose another."

Disabled Twitter module, issue resolved.

Has anyone found a way to get combinations, and the twitter module working together?

Check if the twitter module is causing any Javascript errors, since I can't think of any other thing that would cause this problem.

Thanks for your reply. Receiving the following error in Safari:
"Resource interpreted as script but transferred with MIME type application/json."

The above message does not appear when the Twitter module is disabled.

Issue is also occurring in IE8 and Chrome, yet no javascript errors as far as I can tell. Firefox is working OK.

• 3 weeks later...
PROBLEM SORTED.

Pretty annoying, just took a bit of trial and error.

Here's a set of instructions.

- Go to the product.

- Click on the combinations tab.

- Make all your different combinations and whatnot.

- Experience this problem.

- Then click on "Product Combinations generator" (just under the tabs)

- Make sure all your combinations are correct and then click "generate".

BANG, DONE.

I have same issue with PS 1.3.2.3 and I solved clicking on generate, but I have issue that I uploaded hundreds of products attributes, and click product per product it is bad!
Is there a script to launch generate bulk?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I found out that it only happened when the "caching" under "performance" of "preferences" was enable, the problem would go away if switching caching to "disable".

I would like to turn on the "caching", but wondering how to solve this "product does not exist in this model" problem?

• 1 month later...

My problem is this: I used Lawreles tip, and BANG everything is on place.

The article is showing in its product category. BUT when I click on the product it´s empty.... blank.

What happened? How can I fix this?

Is there a bug, or it is to many combinations (1728)?

http://www.hogsby.net/user/weronichas/reduced_a.jpg

http://www.hogsby.net/user/weronichas/reduced_b.jpg

Turn on error reporting in /config/config.inc.php line #29 and we'll find out...

Thank´s for your answer. In that line I have:

/* Debug only */

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

$start_time = microtime(true);

Is it on then?

But I think I found the problem/limit, but not what to do with it.

I created a new product and put the articles in one by one and generated after each.

At 11 articles x 3 same thing happened, the item disappeared from the shop.

When I removed the last article in each group the item returned.

http://www.hogsby.ne...s/reduced_c.jpg

Thus, 10 items maximum, or if it is the combinations that control it, in my new case 1000.

Is it possible to increase the number of combinations?

I have many more items that must be combined with the 10 that I now have.

Hope it can be solved, because I really depend on this combination.

Check out http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/attribute-modules/34-attribute-wizard-pro.html it changes the way combination are handled (more info in the FAQ tab), which allows you to use unlimited attributes.

Make sure to see how it is different than the current combinations (you cannot use the generator).

There is a front and backend demo, so you can actually try it out and make sure it fits your needs.

• 7 months later...

Hey people

I had the same Problem. I Solved this.

The problem was, my JS lytebox include for an fotoalbum generated a conflict with the JS for attribute changing.

I Solved that by echo the JS lytebox include with PHP only on specific CMS pages. So the conflict with product attribute JS vars is not more.

• 3 months later...

I also have the same problem and it's been quite a while now without knowing so. I really tought it was fixed but clients seem to experience the same problem.

I don't have a Twitter plugin and when i put cache off it still happens, however it only happens for products with a variation and every variation does have stock.

How can i fix this? I need help with this really bad :-s

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm also having the same problem, when i add any combination to a product the same error msg on product page instaed of add to cart button...when select other another combination from the attribute selection add to cart button appeared..

i dont know what wrong with that?

is it my fault r prestashop bug?

help me pls