Import Customers keeps Failing

Hi Guys,

I cannot import customers via csv file.

I have successfully imported the categories and products however when I try to do so with customers, it always complains. I even tried to use the default sample that PrestaShop 1.7.3 provides themselves but no success. I experience the same issue.

I have included some images so I can see yourselves that I am not doing it the ay the recommended.

I have one more question:

Also, I will be importing some customers from Wordpress woo-commerce and was just wondering what is the best way to import customers from there as I don't have their first names, last names and passwords (well I have the passwords but encrypted) so I cannot do it via the import, unless I would set their names to something default a then let the customer to change it themselves.

Not sure about this idea.

Regards,

Pavol Vasko

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.13.56.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.13.43.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.13.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.11.50.png

I would suggest removing the ID column from the import file.  Unless you are trying to provide your own value, Prestashop will automatically assign the next ID.

Date of Birth in your file is wrong.  The import is telling you yyyy-mm-dd format, but you have a different format.

I don't know why PS is trying to validate the email

You did not provide screen shots of the other import pages, so I can't see what customer last name looks like during the import preview...

Hi Bellini,

Thanks for your helping, well appreciated.

So I have fixed the date of birth, that is working now however the email address and some other fields are still buggy.

I have tried to delete the Customer ID column or ignore it but either way the same result. It still complains about email and Last name.

Please see the screenshots attached below. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.42.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.40.55.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.40.49.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.37.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.37.11.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 15.36.56.png

• 1 year later...

did anyone find a solution? I have the same issue on prestashop 1.7.5.2. It actually imported correctly the first time, and now doesn't import anything. It keeps telling me the the email address can't be validated, any kind of email doesn't pass anymore.

It basically rtells me that the email cannot be validated and that the property Customer->my_address_required is empty

in the attached screenshot I had tried also leaving out the id column, but it gives the same result in any case I try. Any ideas? 

Schermata 2020-01-25 alle 08.47.58.png

Edited by kitfoxster (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to all.
I had a similar situation. The problem was Microsoft Excel related. It does not correctly save some values in csv format.
1. The problem with the date - in Excel, the date is displayed normally, for example, 2015-09-27, but when you save it in csv format (or load it into Prestashop - then it converts to csv format itself), the date there is already not displayed correctly 09/27/2015 . Naturally, an error occurs during import.
2. Problem with email, or other fields. I was associated with the presence of specific characters inherent in the Norwegian language (ø é), etc. In this situation, the email did not validate upon import.

In general, the problem was purely in Excel and its work with csv. The problem was solved in this way. First I set up the whole file in the right form in xlsx format. Further, through the website, the envelope converted everything into csv. Then the import was successful. Perhaps you can configure Excel itself so that everything is correct, but I did not succeed. Therefore, I had to do a little harder.

Edited by Tevildo (see edit history)

On 2/11/2020 at 7:01 PM, kitfoxster said:

hi! did anyone find a solution? I have the same exact issue: it imported the first time and now it keeps telling me Customer->my_address_required is empty 

Apparently the problem is with some text characters. Described in more detail below.

Hi!! Sorry, I forgot to answer! I also noticed that excel is pretty shitty on csv exports, I saw that OpenOffice is a little more reliable, even though my personal favorite now is google sheets, it's the best.

I found out what my problem was: I didn't know that my client had had a programmer modify some core files on his site by another dude before me in order to obligate the user to insert the address on new account registrations, the guy named the new field "my_address_required" (while the default prestashop filed's name is "my_address"). The import got stuck for the fact that the import csv doesn't consider the address at all, but prestashop wouldn't create a new account if there wasn't an address, so that's where everything got stuck.

My solution was to undo the programmers modifications, and that worked.

AAAAA!!

- Joseph