[solved]Problem with search words

mmsh

Hello, I have another issue with PS search (latest 1.6 version, 1.6.18)

eg. for the phrase "graphics card"

I have so many indexed product names with graphics card into them but it doesn't work the same for any language.

Eg. If I write "scheda grafica" (italian) it returns absolutely wrong results, even if "scheda grafica" is there on the name for sure

the only note I can give here is that italian is the default shop language but that doesn't seem the culprit because even in portuguese it does the same thing with "placa gráfica": on the ajax search it just returns CPUs (processors) and those have obviously nothing to do with graphics cards

so, how's this possible ? thanks for your help

p.s.: I think I found it:

1) search weight for long description was greater than 0 and this is a problem if the product description has the word eg. "grafica" (as in this case) repeated more times. Honestly, don't know why this behavior, it should not stand above
the product name, but that's it.

Since I don't need the product description, I set the long description weight to 0 and rebuild the index

2) since version 1.6.10 the search class doesn't work very well with phrases (eg. two words) because of an OR condition inside the sql query and I'm using an override search.php found here somewhere

so, now it's fixed

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Fellaz'

Here is a file you requested as use AND for words not OR

!!! Remember I use t under PS 1.7.5, but may work on your revision too...!!!!!

Just find the original file in website root/classes folder (make a backup!!!!) and replace with it.

Do a try and search a complex word or expression

Search.zip

• 4 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 3:44 PM, fitgura said:

Hello Fellaz'

Here is a file you requested as use AND for words not OR

!!! Remember I use t under PS 1.7.5, but may work on your revision too...!!!!!

Just find the original file in website root/classes folder (make a backup!!!!) and replace with it.

Do a try and search a complex word or expression

Search.zip

Hi fitgura, i try your search and it work fine.

I have only one problem: it does not allow me to find similar words as singular - plural (for example in italian "numeri gesso", "numero gesso"). 

I would like him to return the same result. How should I change to get this?