Portuguese ISO Code Pb

Ehinarr

Many stores in Brazil do not use the language pack with the ISO code "br", because it contains many words from Brazilian non-standard Portuguese language. This language pack, which has the ISO code "pb", is used largely, and perhaps in most of the shops located in Brazil.

Once it is generated from a full translation of the 1.3.2.3 version of PrestaShop, would be very useful to make it available for downloading together with other language packs.

pb.gzip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Many stores in Brazil do not use the language pack with the ISO code "br", because it contains many words from Brazilian non-standard Portuguese language. This language pack, which has the ISO code "pb", is used largely, and perhaps in most of the shops located in Brazil.

Once it is generated from a full translation of the 1.3.2.3 version of PrestaShop, would be very useful to make it available for downloading together with other language packs.

Hi Ehinarr, this may be true, but the standard for Brazil is br, and I don't see any problem in putting the filename with br.gzip instead of a non-standard pb. There are pt and br (that in my opinion should be pt-br).

I'm new to prestashop and I was using br pack, and there's a lot of translations missing and I was updating the file, when I found this post. To avoid any misunderstandings, I think prestashop staff should replace br.gzip file with this one. I just renamed yours and attached it here. As far as I saw, the translation is complete.

Best regards,
Eder

br.gzip

I think it's important and respect your way of thinking, but as you say, you are new to prestashop.

And there is no battle between Brazilian Portuguese ISO's.

What happens is just what you're doing, ie, while the pb comes from a single source, and is embedded in versions of PrestaShop that I provide, the br iso contains the contributions of various authors who have different levels of schooling, and that does not mean a better quality control. During the time that the forum PSBR kept up to date this iso, uniquely, the translations were more reliable.

Finally, use the version that best fit your needs. There is no need to discuss this topic.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I was using the file found on prestashop, but as it has been said it has a lot of translations missing.

So I tried adding both packs you guys posted but couldn't make them work. PB shows no translation and the other one just stays the same as mine.

I cannot import it to V.1.3.6?

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I was using the file found on prestashop, but as it has been said it has a lot of translations missing.

So I tried adding both packs you guys posted but couldn't make them work. PB shows no translation and the other one just stays the same as mine.

I cannot import it to V.1.3.6?

Thanks for the help.

There is a V.1.3.6 full translated to download. Also a V.1.3.7.

Hey, you fast!

Well, I tried doing an update to 1.3.7 using your file but I got some issues there... don't know what went wrong.

I followed the steps described on prestashop...this is what I get at the backend:

Warning: include(***/public_html/*****/translations/br/admin.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/****/admin14/login.php on line 25

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/****/public_html/*******/translations/br/admin.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/***/public_html/*****/admin14/login.php on line 25

And If I try to login I can't...I also get way more errors...

Is there something different from the tutorial I followed that I need to do?

Thanks for the promptness. :)

Oh no....it's still the same...it's like looking at my other version...I must be missing something. this is what I did:

- Downloaded your files for version1.3.7
- Uploaded to the right folder.
- Copied the folders that are necessary when upadting from the old install.

Any ideas?

Sorry, I am slow...and tired...

Ok, I was able to delete the br language... after trying many times though... but same thing though, nothing is changed.

I bought a template and I am using the modules folder that came with it...this should be the problem right?

If I go to check what words are missing for translations on the frontend, I got all of them for "pb".

You mentioned that "br" users could just upload the file in the backend and change the ISO name...what br file would this be? Is it complete?

sorry for all the posts...

Hi, Ehinarr

There isn't really any issue on using "br" or "pb"...

Since PrestaShop is growing fast here in Brazil, it would be great if we could contribute integrating Brazillian Portuguese on the official installation languages for PrestaShop 1.4, once you have successfully implemented all translation fields for 1.3 versions.

Maybe someone on PrestaShop Team could tell if this is possible, and how...

Thanks

DGV

• Like 1

Unfortunately. since the PrestaShop versions 1.4.2 automatically download the language pack br during installation, when the country is chosen, I think my translation work is over. The latest version of PrestaShop fully translated by me, then, was to v1.3.7.