[SOLVED] Top horizontal menu v1.3 - how to remove hyper link?

johny2k

Hi, there. I`m very very new in prestashop, currently I`m using the module Top horizontal menu v1.3.

I hope some one can provide some help about my question.

1. Please view the attachment topmenu01.jpg, How can I remove those parent categories and sub categories hyper link (Bike/ Frame > Specialized > Mountain ), then only left the last hyper link work ( > XT Trail)?

Why I want to do this is because I no want my customer always saw the subcategories with few small pictures only. (topmenu03.jpg)

Hope some one can provide some help, thank you.

Regards,
John

30656_DliJiKJlz6OZUxxsv8PE_t

30657_OuUJUMUBwHsjPYRSqvAJ_t

Hi, there. I`m very very new in prestashop, currently I`m using the module Top horizontal menu v1.3.

1. Please view the attachment topmenu01.jpg, How can I remove those parent categories and sub categories hyper link (Bike/ Frame > Specialized > Mountain ), then only left the last hyper link work ( > XT Trail)?

Why I want to do this is because I no want my customer always saw the subcategories with few small pictures only. (topmenu03.jpg)

Regards,
John

Hi, You can limit subcategories to show-up in BO/Modues/Block classes v1.0/configure/Maximum depht, to what you want.

If the link from the horizontal menu is your categories, it will reproduce what's in there.

Regards

Regards,
John

Hi, You can limit subcategories to show-up in BO/Modues/Block classes v1.0/configure/Maximum depht, to what you want.

If the link from the horizontal menu is your categories, it will reproduce what's in there.

Regards

Really thanks for the reply, but I cant find the block classes v1.0 in my BO. I`m using v1.3.1 prestashop, would you like to provide help again? Thank you. :)

Hm... I think I send the wrong detail, what I mean is remove the link of those Main categories and sub categories, but the drop down words still there. (topmenu01.jpg)

All the main categories word (Bike/ Frame) and sub categories words (specialized > mountain > xt trail) still there, only remove the link.

Sorry for my bad english.... :(

30658_4iCglpDzlXIbS3vxul3w_t

Try this in jbx_module folder find file menu.tpl and edit code near end so it will look like this

<script type="text/javascript" >
         {literal}
          $('li#bikesframes').find('a').each(function(){ var node =$(this); if(node.next().is('ul')){node.removeAttr("href")[spam-filter])
          {/literal}
         </script>

<!-- /MODULE JBX_MENU -->

And in Back office add new menu item Type: Category and CSS ID : bikesframes and select Bikes/Frames Category.

OK edit blocktopmenu.tpl and add script code part after closing ul tag

<script type="text/javascript" >
         {literal}
          $('li:contains("Bike/Frame")').find('a').each(function(){ var node =$(this); if(node.next().is('ul')){node.removeAttr("href")[spam-filter])
          {/literal}
         </script>

I changed code so it seeks li element which contains text Bike/Frame.

OK for Top menu ver 1.3 see previous post, it should work.

For Menu ver 2.6 follow screen - shots.
Click on Menu tab, in Add new section enter data like in second image.
Just choose Bike/Frame as Category and click save. Then copy code from post #6.

30722_nXio8O3o0gK96KxlMmaM_t

30723_JEuYQ7sikrPFYaTsdm7m_t

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...