1-Click Upgreade from 1.6 to 1.7 timed out, now PrestaShop is broken - please help

I was attempting to upgrade Prestashop using the 1-click upgrade module from 1.6 to 1.7. On the upgrade interface in admin it was stuck after 90 minutes saying:

Database upgrade completed.
Disabling modules now...

I left it overnight, and this morning it was still stuck.

I decided to log in and the admin page looks corrupted (see screenshot).  And in the admin, if I click on "Modules", for example, I get an error:

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I DID create a full 1.6 backup of the site.  Any suggestions on what to do?  Thank you,

Screenshot-2018-3-27 1-Click Upgrade • CCTDefense.png

Screenshot-2018-3-28 Dashboard • CCTDefense.png

Edited by BlackReef (see edit history)

There is no rollback added. Check on 1-click module site on the bottom. You can try to make a rollback. If there is none, so aks your provider if he has a backup of yesterday for ex.

In any case: If you upgrade major versions, you should always deinstall all non native addons and themes before upgrade.

Thanks for the reply.  I DID create a full site backup, fortunately.  Im thinking of restoring the backup, or possibly creating a brand new Prestashop clean install of 1.7, and trying to migrate the products from the old store. 

Do you think I should do this, or just restore the backups and try the upgrade again while deinstall all non native addons?  Part of the problem is that this a store that I havent worked with in some time so Prestashop is a bit foreign to me right now (lately have been working in Shopify, Woocommerce, etc).

thank you very much for your time,

Hi all, thanks in advance for your reply.

I'd like to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7... but cannot understand how to do it. 1 click update doesn't find any major update to 1.7 and also trying to overwrite the 1.6 folders and then going to install/upgrade I don't find an automatic procedure.

Can you please help me? @BlackReef did you find a solution?

Regards,

Edo

On 3/28/2018 at 6:13 PM, BlackReef said:

Im thinking of restoring the backup, or possibly creating a brand new Prestashop clean install of 1.7, and trying to migrate the products from the old store

Unfortunately, creating a new store from scratch is going to mean losing all the links you had before, visitors will start going to a 404 error and you'll lose any ranking you had with search engines. It's basically like ending your business and starting all over again.

We have been trying to find a way to upgrade the install to 1.7 while keeping all the data the way it is and just connecting the new PS to the existing database, but Prestashop has offered absolutely no information that I can find explaining how we can do this.

Our hosting (hosting.co.uk) is being entirely unhelpful and seems completely disinterested. We would pay someone to come and fix this and get us up and running again if we could find someone.

It basically looks to me as though we have to all start again from scratch if we want to continue using PS at all. Pretty soon nothing is going to work with 1.6 and if you want to add a new theme you'll be forced to start over with 1.7 anyway.

This is all a mess, and it doesn't bode well for PS's future.