BUG: Importing language pack doesn't create .php file in theme folder

GaisaMeritajs

Hi,

Following the guidelines here: http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Languages_and_translations/

Whenever I try to import a language, it creates all of the files, except the /themes/mycustomtheme/lang/xx.php file. If I create it manually, then it doesn't overwrite it, and it stays the same—without any translations. That even happens if I set the file itself to CHMOD 777.

Why is this happening, and how can I solve it?

Thanks. Do you mean the directory:

/themes/mycustomtheme/lang/

Because it's on 777 now.

Regarding the other CHMOD stuff, is this still true for me? Because I'm running Version 1.2.4.0, but I started in this version, and installed the initial language packs, so I don't see why it's not working now...

The translations packs on this site include translations for the "prestashop" theme only. If your theme has another name, you will need to go to Tools > Translations, then use the "Copy" section to copy the translations from "prestashop" to your theme name. You will need to do it for each language.

Thanks, I'll try that.

However, you said:

"Try making the translations directory and all its subdirectories chmod 755. In PrestaShop, all directories should be chmod 755 and all files chmod 644 (except for .htaccess file, which should be chmod 666)."

Is this a new thing, because on the old Wiki it said to leave everything as is, and then CHMOD specific things to 777. With my version of PS, should I update these changes? I looked in the Wiki for installation, and it hasn't changed... still says CHMOD 777

http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_And_Updating_PrestaShop_Software/
See Install PrestaShop

Hopefully, copying the language files from the prestashop theme to your theme will be enough and you won't have to worry about permissions. My advice above that directories should be chmod 755 and all files should be chmod 644 is correct. That's what I use on my website and what I always recommend to others.