PayPal Currency Issue

ChrisMeier

The last person who posted regarding this issue did not get a single response except a moderator suggesting they change their thread title, and I must admit to being very disappointed by the lack of a true PrestaShop community. I love PrestaShop and believe it has great potential, but people need to start responding to queries/bugs.

Okay, minor rant over.

I have only one currency on my site, and it is one that isn't supported by PayPal. That is not the problem. I have set up PrestaShop and PayPal to successfully convert from my currency to USD at checkout, and that too works perfectly.

The problem is that once you go back to the 'store' the currency is suddenly only USD. I have logged out, left it for a day, returned and logged in (trying to mimic how a customer may behave) and it is still only USD. It only corrects if you delete cookies and refresh, but that is only until you complete a transaction and use PayPal again.

Thoughts, ideas, or anyone else experiencing this too?

• 3 weeks later...
The problem is that once you go back to the ‘store’ the currency is suddenly only USD. I have logged out, left it for a day, returned and logged in (trying to mimic how a customer may behave) and it is still only USD. It only corrects if you delete cookies and refresh, but that is only until you complete a transaction and use PayPal again.

Thoughts, ideas, or anyone else experiencing this too?

Yes, I had a same experience (I am using ver 1.3.1). I think it might be a bug of PrestaShop, hope it will be fixed in later version.

Below is a link to my summary about the Default Currency and Paypal Restriction Currency at PrestaShop and it is consistent with what you have done for your currency setting.

http://alvinjiang.blogspot.com/2010/10/prestashop-tips-how-to-set-currency.html