PAYPAL New Version Modeul 4.3.2 With Pestashop 1.7 NOT WORKING

The new Version Paypal PayPal 4.3 2 - by PrestaShOP + Prestashop by Braintree PrestaShop version: 1.7.2.1 are not working well together seeing bugs requests on the web.

They are supposed to be as the module is a native one from Prestashop team or affiliates.

BUT.
Configuring PayPal module is a crazy task ( I use Presta for 4/5 years now ). Not a pro but have some knowledge as I work with some other  CMS 
I have the sandbox for long  but The module does not allow to do additional changes and settings and displays "An error occurred. Please check your credentials Paypal."

Once Sandbox deactivated ( for Live ) I get this An error occurred. Please check your PayPal credentials.

No way to enter anything in the API credentials . NO settings as before.

Paypal forum ( much more active ) has it too . PP advise to contact Presta Support as they developped the module.
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Environment/PayPal-module-for-PrestaShop-1-7-1-2/td-p/1407659

***My thoughts***
Many questions...and NO ANSWER at all.

Why is this happening on such a large scale CMS ???
I need to ask a charged support to Prestashop for a bugging module. Seriously ???
I know it's open source but come on, a payment system is the MINIMUM that has to be included, otherwise what's the point.

Support on Presta is ridiculous. We are so many asking questions with no answers.
I contacted BRAINTREE fo Paypal bug. Useless they ask for credentials to my FTP.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the  same  problem here using prestashop 1.7.4 and the last  paypal module  (version 4.4.2 (08/07/2018). Maybe a  non-free module  may  solve  the issue, but it is really frustrating  that  such a basic  feature   stop  working

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it is not that simple Pete78. Since the US module was dropped in favor of a worldwide version, we can no longer connect w/o heavy modifications.

Thankfully it is going to be a breeze on woo next season......

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/8/2018 at 1:18 PM, Pete78 said:

if you put in the 3 credential (signature, user and password) via database in the configuration table, it works.

Hello there, can you please tell me what did you do exactly? I searched for those fields in the database (tables paypal_capture, paypal_customer. paypal_order, paypal_vaulting) but I didn't find them.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

as , Pete78 said, you have to update yourself the database, here's the steps I used.

But as PrestaRalph said : THIS IS NOT WORKING ! (the communication between the module and the sandbox seems broken)

1. Enable the paypal module and configure it, it will redirect you to your paypal account (if it's already enable, reinitialise the module)
  2. Login with your developer account first
  3. Once you are redirected to prestashop and get the green message saying it's ok, access you database (phpmyadmin)
  4. Copy the values from this query into a notepad SELECT * FROM `configuration` WHERE name LIKE 'PAYPAL%_LIVE' ORDER BY name
    1. PAYPAL_MERCHANT_ID_LIVE => copy to notepad

2. PAYPAL_PSWD_LIVE => copy to notepad

3. PAYPAL_SIGNATURE_LIVE => copy to notepad

4. PAYPAL_USERNAME_LIVE => copy to notepad

Reinitialise the module, this time login to you LIVE account.

6. Go back to you sql editor and copy the previous values to the following lines of the configuration table :

1. PAYPAL_MERCHANT_ID_LIVE => PAYPAL_MERCHANT_ID _SANDBOX

2. PAYPAL_PSWD_LIVE => PAYPAL_PSWD_SANDBOX

3. PAYPAL_SIGNATURE_LIVE => PAYPAL_SIGNATURE_SANDBOX

4. PAYPAL_USERNAME_LIVE => PAYPAL_USERNAME_SANDBOX

Edited by Alec_Eiffel (see edit history)

• 1 year later...