Shipping and Billing Address Issue

Hi All,

In my website only admin users  can create front office users. The address details, customer information are all added from backoffice, All customer have two addresses - Shipping and Billing Address . I want the customers shipping address to be taken for tax calculation and billing address for confirmation mail  invoice. How should I configure to get this functionality? On creating customer and address I didn't find any provision to assign Shipping and Billing Address. Can anyone help me regarding this.

This is general shop setting. You should configure this on tab: Localization -> taxes -> Tax options section -> based on = Delivery address.

Confirmation mail is always sent to master, so to customer and not to shipping address. Customers are added by mail-address and all mails are sent to that address. Shipping addresses don't have the option to add an mail-address.

18 hours ago, tijopromantia said:

On creating customer and address I didn't find any provision to assign Shipping and Billing Address. Can anyone help me regarding this.

Shipping and Billing address only apply when you create an order, not when you create a customer.  So you can add 1 or 2 different addresses for the customer in the back office, but its not until you create an Order do you specify which address is shipping and which address is invoice.

On 26/03/2018 at 1:01 AM, selectshop.at said:

This is general shop setting. You should configure this on tab: Localization -> taxes -> Tax options section -> based on = Delivery address.

Confirmation mail is always sent to master, so to customer and not to shipping address. Customers are added by mail-address and all mails are sent to that address. Shipping addresses don't have the option to add an mail-address.

I had configured tax settings based on delivery address. For my customers they have billing address i.e, there home address and shipping address i.e, based on their related organization. After Creating a customer we can add address for that, I had added both this addresses and how will I make sure my shipping address is taken for tax calculation(without creating order we can't assign shipping and billing address).

On 26/03/2018 at 4:44 PM, bellini13 said:

Shipping and Billing address only apply when you create an order, not when you create a customer.  So you can add 1 or 2 different addresses for the customer in the back office, but its not until you create an Order do you specify which address is shipping and which address is invoice.

On 26/03/2018 at 1:01 AM, selectshop.at said:

I had configured tax settings based on delivery address. For my customers they have billing address i.e, there home address and shipping address i.e, based on their related organization. After Creating a customer we can add address for that, I had added both this addresses and how will I make sure my shipping address is taken for tax calculation(without creating order we can't assign shipping and billing address).

55 minutes ago, tijopromantia said:

how will I make sure my shipping address is taken for tax calculation(without creating order we can't assign shipping and billing address).

You make sure that you select the correct addresses when creating the order...