Error 500 on address lookup

Hi Guys,

Can anyone point me in the right direction my PS has been active for just over 3 days now I have installed some modules which required further configuration by the developers which was completed yesterday. My site was working fine after this was able to still add accounts modify addresses e.t.c.

I have spent today going through adding category images and general SEO work so nothing to do with configuration e.t.c.

Then to my horror a prospective client has just contacted us to state they are unable sign up as getting an internal error 500 page when entering address information.

I have replicated the issue on several devices and browsers any ideas where I would start with this one as the last time this happened I ended up uninstalling and re-installing as the shop was not live.

I have not deleted any countries out only disabled the ones I have not yet translated or don't ship to.

PHP debug info:-

[PrestaShopException]

Property Address->id_country is empty.
at line 944 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

939.             }
941.             $message = $this->validateField($field, $this->$field);
942.             if ($message !== true) {
943.                 if ($die) {
944.                     throw new PrestaShopException($message);
945.                 }
946.                 return $error_return ? $message : false;
947.             }
948.         }

Edited by Neil_948
to add php information from debug (see edit history)

Perhaps one of the modules you installed and developer fixed is triggering this error. It is normal that immediately you will not notice problems, cause server uses cache. Only after this cache is cleared you will notice the problems, so after some time and not immediately. In this case deinstall all that modules you installed and needed intervention of developer.

As written, you should contact theme developer There is an error in the theme. Without country, it is not possible to order on your page,. This is essential field.

Perhaps one of the modules you installed is triggering the problem. Disable third party modules which can interfere on check-out process (payment, delivery, etc.)

Thank you El,

Unfortunately it seems something has gone really wrong somewhere as I was asked by the theme developer to try the default theme which I did now mandatory fields are showing as optional and applying the fix that was posted allowed me to sign up one account with address and then no more. Cleared the cache and everything still no look now looking for an agency to upgrade me to 1.7.3 and iron out the kinks so I can finally get live.

21 hours ago, Neil_948 said:

Thank you El,

Unfortunately it seems something has gone really wrong somewhere as I was asked by the theme developer to try the default theme which I did now mandatory fields are showing as optional and applying the fix that was posted allowed me to sign up one account with address and then no more. Cleared the cache and everything still no look now looking for an agency to upgrade me to 1.7.3 and iron out the kinks so I can finally get live.

if you are looking for agency with 1.7 experience....get a quote here..we are actually US certified

https://www.prestashop.com/en/experts/web-agencies/prestaheroes-heroic-support-and-solutions

me I'm retired IBM...so when I see problem I report to forge....:)

so want stuff done?  done right?  run, don't walk to here for fast flat rate quote:

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-development-services/prestashop-upgrade-service

more than likely we can just fix existing issue you have as the fix on forge has  yet to be implemented into stable..

Thanks, el

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)