Yet another upgrade failure from v1.7.2.5 to v1.7.3

gray

On my home server, I am trying upgrade from 1,7.2.5 to 1.7.3

It tells me that all the files have been upgraded, but has been over 1 hour 'upgrading the database'

So I have stopped it,

Gone back into 1-click  upgrade and it says I have 1.7.3 installed.

Theme being used, is all over the place. no images etc.

Change over to default classic  theme, which also is all over the place, images different sizes etc.

The default theme is still v1.0.0

Gone back to my Theme and installed new upgrade version, and everything nearly is OK. But got modules that were located in footer are now on the product page (done a refresh and module disappeared). Modules  that were disabled have been enabled and modules gone missing. Logo is displayed but menu, search etc all disappeared.

However default classic theme still does not work. Images all different sizes, modules not being displayed. etc etc, What a complete balls up from PS.

For starters where can I get an up to date classic theme from??

You should never stop an upgrade. When you start an upgrade with 1-click module, than a rollback possibility is written. Check if you stopped after that and you have as luck a roolback copy. If yes so roll back.

The problem of third party themes is, that most of them use own modules. In this case it is better you ask the theme developer, if you are having problems with the theme. If Theme classic is also not working, so it could be, that your theme is using overrides? The best is to upload the folder /themes/classic and /modules again to your FTP from a download version you are using now 1.7.3.

Download this version unpack it locally and change the unpacked folders I named by the one on your server. Perhaps there are files missing, because you stopped the upgrading process.