hide add to cart button when out of stock

melo4kids

yes, 

the thing is when i only have  one product in stock and i add it to the cart, the button "add to cart" doesent change to out of stock, It changes only if the order is compleated. I would like it to change if we add the last product to the cart in to "out of stock". do you have any ideas? I only sell on quantity of a product. and its anooing when people try to add to the cart  products that I only have one in stock

The cart goes like this img

image.png.6e0969a9e30a41df5b997eddaeaa6a5e.png

I add the las product to cart

image.thumb.png.915edd8f6be9cce3edef4e82444694b6.png

so the last produt is gonne, and then the "add to cart" button does not disapperas

image.png.4cb09dbe4a435b6dc823eb5ff0ffa44d.png

I hope  you understand do to my bad inglish

Thanks for replying

image.png

for the moment since i only have very litlle stock like one ore two peaces of a model, i will mysel deleat de abandon carts. later on, when i have a larger stock, i will leave the carts abandon for 7 days only. the thing is that i hate the fact that we can still clic on the button if we dont have any in stock. do you know a code for that? or at least change de "add to cart" to "its the last one" or something like that?

or instead of this box

image.thumb.png.cd85fcce690213a770c87a8e9a1ec013.png

add a box in the same style, but instead of being empty in "Quntity (Quantité)" have something writtin like "were are sorry, it was the last one". I think is the best way for the moment.

what do you think? Is it possible?

Adding a text to the page that this is the last product is rather easy. You should just add text to product.tpl: 

{if $product->quantity == 1}This is the last product{/if}

Having the same thing in the category page (product-list.tpl) might be a bit more difficult.

If you want a check for the content of your carts you should put a database query in controllers/front/productController.php and let it transfer a Smarty flag to product.tpl. So that is a more difficult to do.