maofree

[MODULE] PRETTYPHOTO, adding prettyPhoto in the product page instead of Thickbox with a simple click

Hello
The description is in the title of the topic, do not need instructions, just install it like other modules and the difference is significant with Thickbox.
more infos are here
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/70433/
(prestashop 1.3.x, 1.2.5 and 1.1)(compatible with all themes)

there is a compatibility problem with Opera browser

Here you can find other free box

SexyLightbox but has a compatibility problem with Opera’s browser.

jQuerylightBox

If you get some problems follow these instructions: (normally it is only a problem with folder's permissions)

1)install this module
2)open with your editor the file product.tpl
3)search the line with

rel="view-others"

and replace it with

rel="prettyPhoto[mao]"

and this box will work

bye bye

(last update Dic 12 2010)

30093_ybZAbOqE0anLNX6T0mKN_t

prettyphoto.zip

Spectacular, very good and nice design :coolsmile:
Is possible set background with black color more lighter?
Regards

Hi edgar
you must change the parameters in the javascript files inside the module like to change the theme (there are 5 themes) or with gimp or photoshop to change theme's images

bye

Thanks maofree, i change for 0.35 opacity and this is perfect for me, i see that is possible change also themes and are very good all but the best theme for me is facebook, great design!!!

hello,

sorry but this module no works in my prestashop 1.3.1 !!!

some ideas about this ?

i install it but thickbox is still on !!!

thanks a lot...

i m boring of thickbox, i see the zoombox but the module no work too with 1.3.1

PLEAZE HELP

Hi man_show
This module works 100% if your product.tpl is equals to default product.tpl of prestashop. It's been tested very.
Before you must uninstall this module (not remove the directory) from BO. Then with your html editor look your product.tpl at 87 and 118 lines

{include file=$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl} 

getImageLink($product->link_rewrite, $imageIds, \'thickbox\')}" rel="other-views" class="thickbox {if $smarty.foreach.thumbnails.first}shown{/if}" title="{$image.legend|htmlspecialchars}"> 

If you haven't these lines this module doesn't work
Look here (translate in your language)
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/70433/

Upload your product.tpl in the next post

do not worry, the solution is simple

bye bye

I use Prestashop 1.3.1 and my product.tpl is very modified and this module works perfect. this module together with the fancybox are the best that i see for image galery

Thanks edgar for your participation
This module works if those lines are present, the others are not important, but if someone had changed them, you must change only few lines in prettyphoto.php

ciaooo

Hello maofree,

We installed this module onto 2 PS sites both using SSL HTTPS

We are please to say that the module is both Good and expands the image nicely and is also compatible with HTTPS SSL requirement.

Ian

How to change the theme its using? Another small problem I have is that my thumbnails showing beneath the large picture are cut off sometimes. Any idea why and how/where I can solve this (by for example changing the size of the thumbnails?). Thanx

Hi Crisp
edit prettyphoto.js and change theme from facebook to another like dark_rounded
for the other small problem, I don't understand well your problem can you give me a screen picture or an URL?

byeee

Hi Crisp
edit prettyphoto.js and change theme from facebook to another like dark_rounded
for the other small problem, I don't understand well your problem can you give me a screen picture or an URL?

byeee

Thanx for that.

Example of my 2nd problem: http://www.damink.net/example.jpg

I think it depends on javascript of this box

Is there a way to completely remove the thumbnail display @ the bottom? It just doesnt look good when the pictures are cut off and not completely visible.

Hi
I’ve updated this module and now is fully compatible with all themes and versions (I hope)
there is the last version of this javascript

Crisp give me an URL to look your site, this box can resize its windows to fit the size of the browser

byee

Hi
your file is ok for this module, the problem is the permission of this file or directory
This problem is the same of zladic, make 777 or 755 (recursive for all files inside this module) the permission of my module's folder, then for the themes's folder 755 permission (not recursive) and 755 (not recursive) for your theme then look the permission of your product.tpl with 644 or more

bye

Hello,

The module works fantastic. With a great suport from Maofree finaly I ran it [precisely - he did it ;)].

Thanks again for the great implementation for presta and once more for Your help.

ps. This module will give a fresh impulse to Your shops ;) You have to check it.

Ciao!

Hi

Permissions are all fine, like you said before. Still not working. I guess I'll have to let this one go. Thanks for all your help Mao.

Hi
trust me, this module is perfect, there is only a problem of permissions
Follow these instructions:
1)install this module
2)open with your editor the file product.tpl
3)search the line with

rel="view-others"

and replace it with

rel="prettyPhoto[mao]"

and this box will work

report me if now it's ok

Hi Mao,

It works now after I replaced it with prettyPhoto[mao] Thanks a lot!! It looks great!

Thanks maofree ! Great module, works perfect on 13.2.3, now I have to improve some of my pics, lol !

It seems it's still not working well in Opera.

Hi Abh
yes, you are right
It's difficult to find a good lightbox with all features and cross browser

it's the last version
It's possible there are some conflicts with prestashop's css

More like a javascript conflict. Since it doesn't get the top position right, and that position is generated in real time by javascript.

edit: seems to be working fine in Opera on Prestashop 1.4.0.4

With jQuerylightBox there aren't problems with Opera but it's without image resize

I'll test it on Prestashop 1.4.0.4, but for me there is something strange inside this script with Opera (try on its website)
Push on the image, then open firebug and scroll down with your mousewheel and you can see an infinite white page
I've removed all prestashop css and js and there is the same problem

When 1.4 will be stable I'll release other similar module but with fancybox, pirobox, colorbox ...... but now I prefer to use jQuerylightBox

It's not so simple to solve these compatibility problems

I've reported this problem in its forum

Hi maofree and thx for this module.

i'am trying to incorporate the fancybox effect with the zoom in a module like yours but I can't.

can you help me plz

thx

Thank you, works fine with v1.4.4.0 (and Opera v12) without the need of editing product.tpl :)

Hello,

A long time ago since last post of this issue.
I have prestashop 1.5.4.1 and prettyphoto is not working to me.

I have installed it like a module and I have edited the product.tlp file from the default theme of ptrestashop (whai I am using), 

In this file I found rel="other-views" (instead rel="view-others") and changing it for rel="prettyPhoto[mao]"

But it is not working, 

Do I maybe download a new version of prettyphoto?

Thanks!!