Hello Community,

I have the following question. I started to install prestashop. First downloaded prestashop from prestashop.com 
Next step was to unzip the file. Them upload it to the server. Now the installation manager started and every step runs through perfectly.
The last window says open your frontend ( the test shop) and the other button says open your backend (to manage everything)
The test shop side opens and the test shop is there. When I hit the button backend and new tab open but I only get a blank side ?????
I don't know really why this happens? Do you have any idea??? Please let me know 

Thanks Charline 

have same Problem trying to install prestashop on my lokal xampp Server and has nothing todo with deleting the install Directory 

in prestashop docu is mentioned that during Installation prestashop makes an individual named admin Folder but this never was made by the install-script and i got a lot of Errors in my Apache error log like

Sat Mar 24 19:38:42.581293 2018] [php7:error] [pid 3512:tid 1924] [client ::1:62935] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of AdminDashboardControllerCore::setMedia() must be compatible with AdminControllerCore::setMedia($isNewTheme = false) in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\shop10\\controllers\\admin\\AdminDashboardController.php on line 539

the frontend is there with example shop data but no Chance to go to the admin site  always a White site or http error 500 

i tried it 10 times to install this shop System and it is f** shit script and was first and last time with prestashop 

Edited by Maggy (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Maggy said:

have same Problem trying to install prestashop on my lokal xampp Server and has nothing todo with deleting the install Directory 

in prestashop docu is mentioned that during Installation prestashop makes an individual named admin Folder but this never was made by the install-script and i got a lot of Errors in my Apache error log like

Sat Mar 24 19:38:42.581293 2018] [php7:error] [pid 3512:tid 1924] [client ::1:62935] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of AdminDashboardControllerCore::setMedia() must be compatible with AdminControllerCore::setMedia($isNewTheme = false) in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\shop10\\controllers\\admin\\AdminDashboardController.php on line 539

the frontend is there with example shop data but no Chance to go to the admin site  always a White site or http error 500 

i tried it 10 times to install this shop System and it is f** shit script and was first and last time with prestashop 

is this a clean install, or an upgrade?

what specific version of Prestashop?

did you check if there is a folder named admin?

the prob is always that prestashop-install does NOT make an specific folder adminSpecificName the installscript makes an folder admin but not specific adminfolder and in the docu is mentioned that during install prestashop would make a specific renamed folder for the admin

Prestashop-Documentation says:

During the install process, the /admin folder is renamed into something unique to your shop (for instance, /admin7890), for security reasons. Use that new folder name to access your shop (for example: http://www.example.com/admin7890).

The name change is done automatically by PrestaShop. Be careful to memorize that folder name the first time you access it after the installation!

(http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Connecting+to+the+PrestaShop+back+office)

newest xampp-win32-7.2.3,  newest prestashop 1.7.3.0 new clean install

same problem with new clean install of latest prestashop 1.6..1.18

wordpress install on my xampp no problems

then i installed local wamp server and installed prestashop 1.7.3.0 new clean install and no problem, specific admin folder was made by install-script and i was able to login into backend

Edited by Maggy (see edit history)