External Image Server

Hi Guys!

Just a quick question to ask, is there a way I can store my images on an external server and use them in my Presta Shop?

I am going to be managing 4 or 5 shops that will share some of the images for products and wanted to use one server for images only and then point the product files to the shared image location.

Is this possible?

If so, how?

This option has been added to PrestaShop v1.4, as you can see in the screenshot. You can try it out try downloading the trunk from SVN, but PrestaShop v1.4 isn't ready for product use yet. In PrestaShop v1.3.1, you must change them manually in config/defines.inc.php.

29732_JAokHM70KsKhw1bj8Dd8_t

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This option has been added to PrestaShop v1.4, as you can see in the screenshot. You can try it out try downloading the trunk from SVN, but PrestaShop v1.4 isn't ready for product use yet. In PrestaShop v1.3.1, you must change them manually in config/defines.inc.php.

I'm using PS 1.4.7.3 and cannot find those options you say. How do I get to there? Changing that will disable the image downloading when I do a products CSV import?

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

Hi Roky,

I am using PS1.5.3.1 and would like to save all products images on external server.

I have configured the both files config/defines_uri.inc.php to:

define('_PS_PROD_IMG_', 'http://mydomainname/img/');

and config/defines.inc.php to:

define('_PS_IMG_DIR_', 'http://mydomainname/img/');

It appears that the PS saves the files but it doesn't display the images on frontend neither backend.

Can you help?

Thank you

• 1 month later...