New Currency Format is Making PS 1.7 too complicated

Daniel Santana

Dear developers,

There is a poSsibility that Prestashop 1.7 can use  the currency format  of Pretashop 1.6?

In Chile we cant use the native option, we need to edit by FTP 2 files in order the currency format will be OK for us.

I had been working with prestashop since version 1.3 and 1.7 is not so good for our market.

Thats the main reason that Prestashop stores are not so popular right now.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

Im just express my opinion that prestashop 1.7 its a nothing compared to prestashop 1.6

its lack a lot of things, i wonder if the prestashop official team knows that template-makers are slowly stop making prestashop themes  (1.7)

One of the main reasons is currency format.

Take a look to the templatemonster page:

https://www.templatemonster.com/prestashop-themes.php

how many prestashop 1.7 themes are ?  (39)?

this is not looking good for the future of agencies that depend of prestashop. Thats whay im saying. But it seems that Prestashop doesnt care that much about the community and agencies.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just wanted to ask in prestashop 1.7 is it posible to have your store use the US dollar as its default currency but just not display it for the users?. We have a store in Mexico but our product comes from the US so we have a changing dolar rate, however because most of our customers dont handle dollars it is better to display mexican peso in the store front as the default currency to be displayed.

Regards,