display left column to specific categories?

jkmagic

Hi!
is there a way that i put a code somewhere and display left column to the categories i choose and hide to the others?

or a second way to display the category block on the lefts at category pages i want to
For example i want o display category block to those

category.php?id_category=28

category.php?id_category=29

category.php?id_category=30

category.php?id_category=31

Thanks

To hide the left column for specific categories, edit header.tpl in your theme's directory and change lines 54-57 from:

<!-- Left -->

{$HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN}

to:

{if $smarty.get.id_category|intval < 28 AND $smarty.get.id_category|intval > 31} 
<!-- Left -->

{$HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN}

{/if}

This will hide the left column on categories 28-31.

Rocky sorry again ,but as i said i need to display the category box,not hide.I will hide in categories block eceptions for category.phh or something like this and i need to dispaly to those i choose.
Sorry didnt notice your answer.may be my question wasnt clear enough.
Thanks

• 8 months later...
{if $page_name == 'category' AND $smarty.get.id_category != 27 AND $page_name == 'category' AND $smarty.get.id_category != 19} 

The problem is that this is also removing the category block on the home page & product pages where I want it displayed. Any ideas?

I have 2 category pages that I don't want to have the category block displayed on as these are the 2 main category pages and contain no products, they simply list the subcategories.