Upgrading from 1.5.4 error

Hello. I've been asked to upgrade an old prestashop site from 1.5.4.  I've taken a back up copy and used the 1-click-upgrade module.  But during the upgrade process it showed an error regarding a font which isnt important (we dont need the font - I think it was museo or something) but it halted the upgrade process and didnt give me the option to continue. All it asked me to do was roll back to 1.5.4 which I have done.  But now I am getting this error message

Warning: require(/home/client/public_html/admin/../config/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/client/public_html/admin/index.php on line 30

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/client/public_html/admin/../config/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/client/public_html/admin/index.php on line 30

The site wont open and I cant view the back office either.  I can use the back up copy but I would like to know what is causing this issue and what I can do to make sure that the upgrade works the next time I try it. 

You are currently on PS v1.5.4, but what version did you try to upgrade to?

What version of the autoupgrade module are you using?

As for the error you have now, open the this file and look at line 30.  What file is it trying to open?

No such file or directory in /home/client/public_html/admin/index.php on line 30

As for the upgrade error and why its happening, thats impossible for anyone here to know. Next time capture the exact error details and provide it.

Lastly, never upgrade your live store.  Always make a copy of the store, and perform a trial upgrade on the copy, to see what issues you are going to have.  And never allow the upgrade module to take backups.  Learn how to properly backup and restore your website content and your database.