Improving Search Speed

Hi All

Well we've moved over to PHP 7, we're on 1.6.1.18, we've upgraded the server and now want to make our site more responsive.

Pages seem to load okay but when using the search, it takes a crazy amount of time to bring back the results. If you search for something that will return lots of products it takes several minutes but if you search for a specific thing then it still takes many seconds. The statistics mining tables are huge so not sure if that's the problem. I have disabled the module but that hasn't made any difference so do I need to physically go in and clear the tables?

I think we've had this issue for a long time but it seems to be worse than ever.

I can't figure out what's going on.

Help please! :unsure:

Thanks

Nick

Capture.PNG

Edited by n_s_simpson
Added Image (see edit history)

I've found out what the problem is. It's all connected to this module:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/promotions-gifts/9129-promotions-and-discounts-3x2-reductions-offers.html

When running this module the search grinds to a halt almost. As soon as it's disabled it works perfectly. I'm running the latest version (2.1.13) so I'll contact the developer and see if this issue can be investigated.

Quite a few modules I've bought don't work properly but that's the joy of Prestashop I guess.

When the module is enabled and a search is performed it runs this query over 1900 times:

SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE count(*)
FROM ps_orders o
LEFT JOIN ps_order_cart_rule od ON o.id_order = od.id_order
LEFT JOIN ps_quantity_discount_rule_order qdro ON od.id_cart_rule = qdro.id_cart_rule
WHERE qdro.id_quantity_discount_rule = 12
AND 8 != o.current_state LIMIT 1

Clearly there's a problem with the module somewhere. I'm waiting for the developer to come back to me.

Has anyone else seen this problem?