cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: api-addons.prestashop.com

ajaxthemestudios

I have reported this issues before and and search the forum. This problem remains unresolved.

If you are working in the module section of Prestashop  backend on a local server and then you disconnect from the internet, accessing the modules section throws up an error page with the message - 

ConnectException in CurlFactory.php line 126:

cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: api-addons.prestashop.com

The module section will only start working again if you connect back to the internet. If you do not, it will continue to show error and you cannot do anything except you go to other pages on the backend.

It seems Prestashop is trying to connect to api-addons.prestashop.com and then display an error if it cannot. This does not look right. The module area should not become inaccessible because you are not connected to the internet.

I hope the developer do something about this because it is easy to miss.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, Bruno G said:

I have exactly the same problem for all Prestashop websites of the same server. It suddenly happened without modifying any configuration anywhere... Does someone have a solution ?

Maybe you are not connected to the internet. I found out that I get this error when I am offline and working with prestashop on local server.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 3:08 PM, ajaxthemestudios said:

Maybe you are not connected to the internet. I found out that I get this error when I am offline and working with prestashop on local server.

Well, my problem was totally different : I had a full partition and the file where hosts are listed was swapped and broken (in a debian server). I had to remove stuff in partition, and re-generate this file where hosts are listed (I dont remember the name). This was not a Prestashop error at all.