Delay sending message from Contact form

Has anyone created a module to delay sending massage by X mins/secs?

This can be done for password reset and send reviews but not messages.

Maybe a bit naive but wouldn't it stop spammers, who automatically send multiple spams?

15 hours ago, Walrus said:

Maybe a bit naive but wouldn't it stop spammers, who automatically send multiple spams?

Not really. From what I'm seeing here in Forum, they add an account 2 or 3 hours before and than add their spam-messages. Once your mail-address is discovered (blacklisted) the bot will send you tons of spam. In this case the only helpful tipp is to change your e-mail address.

For the case using Prestashops contact form, so the option for to send spam FROM YOUR SSERVER, this is a case for to strengthen your mailserver and use secured scripts + recaptcha, which is a step more to strengthen your contact forms. The only effective thing in this case is to prevent that your mailserver will be misused by third party.

Several big companies use the option to send mail in block, so haf hour, one hour, etc. This prevents nothing, it only concentrates the server load to an hour with low traffic, but it doe not prevent spam.

I haven't had spammers create accounts (I had checked). I had installed Google reCaptcha. They used ContactController somehow to send messages.

I often see abandoned shopping carts containing thousands of pounds of goods (have had one such sale in 12 years and that was done privately). Have wondered if that is somehow connected.

In Prefs > E-Mail, I saw hundreds of notifications, sent after a few seconds delay. This is what made me think a delay would stop them because they are obviously using a bot. Customers and would-be-customers rarely send another email within an hour from the Contact page.

I tried to setup my own server but Prestashop won't except the settings (though I have my email clients setup to receive emails, using same settings). ITE, I discovered a tutorial that adds reCaptcha to ContactController. It's early days but am hoping that may stop the spam from contact-form.

Abandoned carts - it is not related to this problem. If there are tons of products added to cart, than something is wrong with your robot.txt and serps are adding products to cart. If a registered user is doing this, than you will see on the abandoned cart who is it. In this case you can send him a discount voucher (module customer follow-up)

Difference between both you will find on screen added. First is a non registered user, or a bot filling your cart. The second one - C-Test - is a registered user abandoned his cart.cart.thumb.png.09d953d9157487cf56b146a42df6a78e.png

Prefs -> E-mail ? Don't know this function. You are sure it is on tab preferences ? Or do you mean Customers -> customers services ? Or Advanced parameters -> e-mails ?

@SelectShop.at The abandoned carts with high value orders are from unregistered visitors. I have the robots.txt that Prestashop includes. I should add this one store is still using 1.6.0.14 (too time consuming to update and then restore by comparing changes).

Or do you mean Customers -> customers services ? Or Advanced parameters -> e-mails ?

I meant Advanced parameters > E-Mails. I think I changed menu name to Admin Tools.

On 11.3.2018 at 12:54 PM, Walrus said:

EIcaptcha method of adding Google reCaptcha is easy but it doesn't stop spam, nor does it support invisible/silent reCaptcha.

Indeed to get rid of spam problem there is not only one solution you can use. It is a complex problem.

You should also:

1) strengthen your mail server - spam filter, ip-ban, other several options given with server tools (SPF, DNS, etc.)

2) act software sided with re-captcha and honey pots.

3) After mail address is listed on spamer blacklists, change e-mail contact.

Further possibilities you will find described here:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/675430-how-to-stop-spam-from-emailru/?do=findComment&comment=2706308

• Like 1