z4m0lx3

Show Number of Products next to Categories

Hello,

I'd like to be able to show the number of products next to each Category in the menu.

For example:

Accessories (24)
Cosmetics (10)

what do I have to do? :((

My AJAX Sliding Categories module has the option to display the number of products in each category (and optionally its subcategories too). It also lets you dynamically load categories to reduce the page loading time.

seems a big price for what I need :(

it's indeed useful but I only need to show the number of products :((

Here is the solution tested and working in Prestashop 1.4.7.

You can follow these instructions below or just download the already modified files from the zip file attached here.

Hope this helps.

Open "blockcategories.php" in the folder /modules/blockcategories and find this lines of code (should start at line 140 or so):

public function getTree($resultParents, $resultIds, $maxDepth, $id_category = 1, $currentDepth = 0)
{
 global $link;
 $children = array();
 if (isset($resultParents[$id_category]) AND sizeof($resultParents[$id_category]) AND ($maxDepth == 0 OR $currentDepth < $maxDepth))
  foreach ($resultParents[$id_category] as $subcat)
$children[] = $this->getTree($resultParents, $resultIds, $maxDepth, $subcat['id_category'], $currentDepth + 1);
 if (!isset($resultIds[$id_category]))
  return false;

return array('id' => $id_category, 'link' => $link->getCategoryLink($id_category, $resultIds[$id_category]['link_rewrite']),
  'name' => $resultIds[$id_category]['name'], 'desc'=> $resultIds[$id_category]['description'],
  'children' => $children);
}

And change them to this:

public function getTree($resultParents, $resultIds, $maxDepth, $id_category = 1, $currentDepth = 0)
{
 global $link;
 $children = array();
 if (isset($resultParents[$id_category]) AND sizeof($resultParents[$id_category]) AND ($maxDepth == 0 OR $currentDepth < $maxDepth))
  foreach ($resultParents[$id_category] as $subcat)
$children[] = $this->getTree($resultParents, $resultIds, $maxDepth, $subcat['id_category'], $currentDepth + 1);
 if (!isset($resultIds[$id_category]))
  return false;

$ProductsCount = 0;
$ProductsCount = (int)Db::getInstance()->getValue('SELECT COUNT(*) FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product WHERE id_category = '. $id_category);

return array('id' => $id_category, 'link' => $link->getCategoryLink($id_category, $resultIds[$id_category]['link_rewrite']),
  'name' => $resultIds[$id_category]['name'], 'desc'=> $resultIds[$id_category]['description'],
  'children' => $children, 'products' => $ProductsCount);
}

Then open the file "category_tree_branch.tpl" that you find in the same folder /modules/blockcategory and find this line (should be line 41):

<a href="{$node.link}" {if isset($currentCategoryId) && ($node.id == $currentCategoryId)}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}</a>

and change to this:

<a href="{$node.link}" {if isset($currentCategoryId) && ($node.id == $currentCategoryId)}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'} ({$node.products})</a>

blockcategories_numbers_mod.zip

• Like 2

To Clarify, the files that you should edited are located at themes/my_theme/modules/blockcategories/category-tree-branch.tpl

clear the cache and the compile folder, and refresh the page.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ammarshadiq (see edit history)