Weight limit problems on cart

Penge

Hello

I am using version 1.7.3.0

I have set my shipping carrier to have a limit on 30 kg

That is the max we can ship.

On "Outside Zone" I have set "Disable carrier"

When I am in cart and add how many items I want it works fine until I reach the limit of weight. Then the cost shows "FREE SHIPPING"

If I continue to were I can choose a carrier it will not let me do so an that is correct. I am above the weight limit.

But how can I make it not show "FREE SHIPPING" in the cart when I am above weight limit ?

Thanks

Petter

I'd try to put another price range from 30 kg to say 99999 kg just to be sure, I've done that, only I had it limit by price, not weight. I've set the highest price and then deactivated it for all zones. That worked for me, hope it helps you

Hello Vedrana

When I deactivate for all zones as you mentioned, I also loose the other wight ranges and that gives free shipping for all wight ranges.  I cannot deactivate for only one weight range.

No I am only going to use this but what do you think ?

Should I create one more to use above 30 kg as a kind of dummy ?

What I expected when I state that the maximum weight is 30 kg, is that when you add products and the weight exceed 30 kg you would not be able to proceed .

I tested it and your're right, if there is no other carrier it says Free and there's a link beneath. You could put some information there about the maximums allowed.

The thing is, the clients can't porceed until payment because there will be a message saying there is no available carrier, so it should be OK even though it's kind of misleading.

If you put a dummy carrier the free shipping can change to a random price you set, but you may confuse the clients more because the message saying there is no available carrier will not be there anymore.

I found a reported issue about this in the forge from last september, but it has been kind of inactive http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-1390

I commented on it to make it relevant again, you could do that too.

Thank you for your help Vedrana.

Then I know its a bug and nothing I can do about it.

Maybe I will just go to the translation (This is a norwegian site) and change the text to something more explaining.  My customer does not use Free Shipping anyway.