• 1 year later...

I've seen some forum members indicate this could be a firewall issue.  If it is a firewall issue, then I would need to know which IP addresses (Prestashop origin) are being blocked?   How would one even begin to ensure Prestashop's IP's are not being blocked?

Thank you for the reply Janett.  Our provider has confirmed the settings are correct, but they also suggested this is likely a firewall issue.  They asked me to find out what the IP addresses for prestashop are, and I have not been able to find them myself to check.   The prestashop control panel no longer connects to the Prestashop back end servers either, so I can't download plugins and updates automatically either.  

I don't think so. Can you try something?

Put a php file in your public_html directory with the code:

<?php 

phpinfo();

Open this file in your browser, and look if allow_url_fopen is active in the configuration.

If it is active, put the same file in your /config folder, and open it in your browser. Look, again, if it is showing allow_url_fopen as active.

If both are active, I would say it is for sure a firewall issue. If both are false, your host should take a look again in the configuration.

If only the second one is false, it is because the configuration is not set recursively. Take a look in your .user.ini file.

Thank you Rodrigo, I think you are correct.   I confirmed allow_url_fopen is "on" in public.   But the config directory is blocked from browser, so I get a 404 error.

I just opened a ticket with our host again to look for blocked IP's in the 91.240.109.x range.

Ok, you would have to rename .htaccess, or put the phpinfo file in another directory (img for instance).

Anyway, try to put allow_url_fopen = on in your .user.ini (not only PHP.ini)

I think it will help.

Edit: I don't think it is a firewall issue. I think allow_url_fopen is off in your subdirectories.

Edited by Rodrigo B Laurindo (see edit history)

The whole thing is very odd because I never had this issue until last fall, then all of a sudden it just failed.  The IP addresses for Prestashop I could find are now white listed, but the store and a plug in we bought doesn't connect to the Prestashop backend for anything, and I get the same error.  Running out of ideas.  

It's in the /img folder I found inside the Prestashop folder, so /prestashop/img/phpinfo.php  

I can see all the file there in File Manager, but 404 when I try to hit them with my browser.  

I also have the info php file I created in some other directories where I can see the PHP info/details where allow_url_fopen is listed as ON when hitting those with a browser.   So it shows up when I go to the main prestashop directory by example.