Class override in module not working

Hi, I have PS 1.7.2.4 and I am having issues overriding a PS class file within a module I am creating.

The class is Dispatcher and all I need to do is adding some routing related stuff in the setRequest() method.

Therefore, all I am doing is putting the Dispatcher.php file in mymodule/override/classes and having the altered setRequest() method only.

This unfortunately doesn't seem to work. I am vardumping but the var dump doesn't show up.

Please note the override works fine if I am putting it in the /override folder located in the root.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

9 hours ago, mad_griffith said:

Hi, I have PS 1.7.2.4 and I am having issues overriding a PS class file within a module I am creating.

The class is Dispatcher and all I need to do is adding some routing related stuff in the setRequest() method.

Therefore, all I am doing is putting the Dispatcher.php file in mymodule/override/classes and having the altered setRequest() method only.

This unfortunately doesn't seem to work. I am vardumping but the var dump doesn't show up.

Please note the override works fine if I am putting it in the /override folder located in the root.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

But are you installing/uninstalling module to let PrestaShop copy the override in /override folder?

2 hours ago, joseantgv said:

But are you installing/uninstalling module to let PrestaShop copy the override in /override folder?

Hey I did exactly that last night and it worked in the end. Thank you.