Upgrading to 1.7 from 1.6 Advanced Stock Management

Hi guys,

I am contemplating moving to 1.7 now with the 1.7.3 release. But I use the advance stock management on all my products, I don't mind going back to the standard stock management but what will happen to my stock if I do the upgrade? Will the products and current quantities be converted to standard stock management or will I lose all my stock?

Thanks!

Edited by bcarron
Typo in the title (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

there is currently no autoupgrade support for upgrading previous versions of ps to 1.7.  (expecting that with 1.7.4)...hopefully...

when that does become available then you should create a dev copy of prod 1.6 shop and try upgrade.

then you can kick the tires to see how new upgrade will work with that feature.

while not fully supported, the upgrade does work with the beta version of the autoupgrade module that was posted on their build site some time ago.

I honestly do not think that your advanced stock settings would magically convert back to standard stock settings, but again that is something you can try

Well I just wanted to know if someone had done it before and had a proper answer but of course I will try it myself :)

But I am pretty sure it will reset all quantities to 0. I just tried to enable multistore on my test server running 1.6 and when you share quantities between the shops, it reset everything to 0 which is quite painful... I will have to make a script to convert everything I guess.