PHP 5.4 to 5.6 made web slow (PS 1.7.2.4)

ToyLover

Hi,

I'm using PS 1.7.2.4 and I recently went from PHP 5.4 to 5.6 (just changed it using a tool from my Cpanel), and since then, my web (both back-office and front-office) has been really slow.

After the change in my Cpanel, I didn't do anything else... so, is there something else I should've done? maybe something I missed? I mean, anything from Cpanel, Prestashop files, Theme files (I'm using Warehouse 4.1.5), etc.

Thx!

PS: I'm algo using using PS 1.6.1.17 for a different/secondary website, and it seems to be fine after the PHP change; however, if there are any recommendations on this, I would love to read them too :)

Hi, thank you for your reply!

What do you exactly mean by "enable caching on the php selection". I'm using Cpanel, and there's a "php Selector" tool that I used, but then changing the PHP version, it doesn't give any other additional options but chosing the version you want to use.
Regarding "opcache", unfortunately it is available in my hosting plan.

I'd like to mention that the slow performance is only coming from my 1.7 Prestashop install... because I also use a PS 1.6.1.17 install for a few other sites (using the Multi-store option enabled) and all sites work just fine (Back-office included).

9 hours ago, Michstuff said:

did u enable caching on the php selection? php 5.6 and up should be faster than 5.4

opcache i a must to enable.

• 2 weeks later...